Make a donation

Author Topic: Mods and tune.  (Read 3852 times)

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Mods and tune.
« on: February 21, 2010, 07:38:25 pm »
Hey guys, :) wanted to start my saying im new here, this is my first post.. i recon most of you are based in the UK, im actually based far far away in the united arab emirates. i drive an 09 golf gti mkv FSI... and im planning on an intake, the ITG intake really interests me, ive read the review on the twin take, the ITG and seen the evoms in person.. but for some reason i see the ITG intake really getting the job done well..

The owner of the club will be working with a tuner in the UK to create custom maps for our cars here in the UAE.. so i will get my bolt ons (Catless DP, Intake) and i will have logs sent to the tuner to get my tune ready :) i feel its a better solution than an off the shelf tune like revo apr giac or unitronic, because of wether condition's here in the UAE..

My question is does my plan sound like a good idea? I wanted to ask about the ITG's sound with a forge dv and spacer.. i love the turbo flutter and im hoping the ITG makes alot of it :D

I wanted to add that the arrangment of this forum is very interesting, seems like a great forum after doing some reading :)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Mods and tune.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 09:01:35 pm »
Firstly hello and welcome  :happy2:

If your looking for turbo flutter then the ITG and a forge DV is a great combo, likewise the Evoms will also give great results and good sound  :evilgrin:

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:30:33 am »
Hmm sounds good, is one louder than the other? has anyone here dyno'd them back to back to see difference in gains? and cosmetically, i like something about the ITG, it has that look about it that says "getting the job done properly!"

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 03:31:05 am »
1 more thing, how does the twin take sound in comparison? does it bring out the turbo flutter?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:30:09 pm »
1 more thing, how does the twin take sound in comparison? does it bring out the turbo flutter?

I doubt the Forge will be quite as loud as the filters are enclosed, which will reduce the sound slightly. I have the EVOM's and the sound is impressive enough to make people jump when you pass by :laugh:

All 3 intakes (ITG, Forge and EVOM's) will get the job done withing a few bhp of each other, so I guess in your case it would boil down to which makes the best sound :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 02:20:18 pm »
haha yup it does come down to that :P but i havent been able to find any video's.. i would like to have a listen to the evoms and the itg... even though i feel the itg is designed much better.. the reduction for the maf housing size.. and people dont seem to like its looks.. to me i like the looks, looks like an intake put in the engine bay to get the job done nicely! haha

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 03:05:03 pm »
^^^^
We all have our individual preferences and it's great that we have choices.

All 3 intakes mentioned have no history of MAF issues.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 12:54:05 pm »
Hey RedRobin i think you have the twintake? right? maybe u can comment..

Today i watched video's of the twintake it seems to give you a nice cha cha cha blow off sound.. i havnt heard anything of the itg, can someone post a video of drive by/rev or both :D is it much louder than the twintake?

does anyone have dyno graphs of the evoms? does it really compete with these 2 great intakes or should i just go with the itg or twintake?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 05:07:05 pm »
Hey wizzo!  :happy2:

Yes I have the Forge Twintake and am still extremely pleased with it. I would expect the ITG to be louder because the filter isn't enclosed but sound is totally subjective and only you will know which sound you prefer.

Regarding performance there is no doubt that the ITG delivers outstanding gains, especially on a K04 turbo'd car with other mods but the Twintake delivers very respectable gains too. It's natural that those who have chosen the ITG will favour the ITG and those the Twintake will favour the Twintake. In my opinion both are the best currently available. The Evoms performs extremely well too but I find its sound too raucous.

There are reviews of each in the Reviews section:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9698.0.html

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9988.0.html

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,11946.0.html

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 06:43:01 pm »
actually living with the ITG for a month or so i dont find it that loud actually. initially it was a new sound in the cabin but it seems to have calmed down  :chicken:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline wizzo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 07:16:20 pm »
nb07 - can you take a video (drive by or just rev) of the itg..  i know the both perform well.. but it comes down to preference, i like the cha cha cha sound, kinda like a blow off valve sound the intakes make.. i listened to the forge and it sounds good.. i want to hear the twintake :) the evoms intake doesnt seem to make the blow off sound the twintake makes from the video's i heard..

can anyone post any dyno sheets of the evoms.. :) someone should plan to dyno both intakes back to back on the same dyno :D it'd be a nice comparison..