Make a donation

Author Topic: Bulb replacements  (Read 669 times)

Offline samuelmem97

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 0
Bulb replacements
« on: August 28, 2020, 02:06:02 pm »
Hi people, I’m after some replacements for my headlight bulbs. Full beam, dipped and sidelights. I want to stick with the standard halogen set up but I’m after some that are a nice bright white even a cool blue hid xenon look (if that’s even possible with halogen). What are people running and any recommendations? I don’t mind something that’s meant for ‘off road’ use if I can get the look it after and then just a quick swap for mot :happy2:

Please give me suggestions and advice!

Thanks in advance

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Bulb replacements
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 02:09:13 pm »
'Off road' bulbs are usually much higher wattage, which the stock harness can't deal with.

I've had good luck with Osram Nightbreakers for halogens and Xenarc extreme for the Xenons.  Philips also do a similar range of whiter than OEM bulbs.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline samuelmem97

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Bulb replacements
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 02:15:54 pm »
'Off road' bulbs are usually much higher wattage, which the stock harness can't deal with.

I've had good luck with Osram Nightbreakers for halogens and Xenarc extreme for the Xenons.  Philips also do a similar range of whiter than OEM bulbs.

Thanks for your reply mate, yeah that’s one thing I was concerned about was the very high wattage of the off road bulbs. Guess I’ll swerve them and check out those you recommended! Thanks  :smiley: