Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise control  (Read 949 times)

Offline bigrich690

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Cruise control
« on: September 05, 2020, 08:21:52 am »
I have a Mk5 GTi 2006 low line, no cruise control, I'd like cruise control, can this be done?
Also I've upgraded to a golf R Mk7 steering wheel that has all the full multi function buttons, is it possible for the to work for the cruise if it can be installed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Red 3 Door GTI, Lowered, 18" 3SDMs, Remap, Heated leather, Xenons.....

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Cruise control
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 12:17:51 pm »
Can help with regards to the steering wheel query however I had a MK5 GT-Sport on an 08 plate and I got cruise control fitted to that by my local VW garage.
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline daedos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 01:18:46 pm »
Looks good.  AFAIK it needs an custom module to interface the two - https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87812.120.html

You can probably still retro-fit cruise by changing the stalk to one with mk5 one with cruise., which sounds like what Eitheen88 had done

Offline bigrich690

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 01:39:53 pm »
Yea after reading a little bit more I didn't realise that it it's just a stark swap and vag job, I'll just do that, just assumed the mi5s with multi function steering wheels had it in them like the newer cars.

Anyway, appreciate the replies.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Red 3 Door GTI, Lowered, 18" 3SDMs, Remap, Heated leather, Xenons.....