Make a donation

Author Topic: rear door actuator not working , think maybe the door module linked to electric  (Read 825 times)

Offline jimbo19

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hi
Just a quick question , the rear drivers side door on my wifes mk5 stooped working , I assumed it was door actuator so ordered one up
On the way to my Son in laws to change it , I tried the electric window on way there and realised that wasn't working either and also neither was indication on display that door is open
We changed the actuator anyway and checked all the wiring which seems good , I suspect that perhaps the door module has failed , hence no windows or indication of door on display
Module is 1K0959794E , if I replace this will it need recoding in VCDS ? Also can I use other module numbers if from same rear door with electric windows etc ?

Thanks

Offline jimbo19

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
No one had this issue ?

Offline muff1991

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 69
Hi,
are you able to scan the car with VCDS? do you mean the door isnt locking? if so, you'll probably need a new door lock module.

Offline RogerWestNZ

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
First post here... but I've repaired these door locks, its not hard, buy it is time consuming and a little frustrating if you're short on paitence.
They're  driven by a pair of small DC motors. As they get old, the comutators block up with carbon dust from the brushes. If you are going to the trouble of pulling the door lock out to replace it, you might as well have a go at repairing it first.
If there is noise coming from the lock but it won't open, its probably this issue.
If no noise, likely the wiring loom / body control module issue.
BTW, if the door won't unlock when stnading beside the vehicle,  try starting the  engine and rev it a bit while using the unlock button inside the car - this will feed a little more voltage to the motor and might just get you out of trouble in the mean time. Not sure how to post pictures here yet...