Make a donation

Author Topic: Struggling to find a decent ED30  (Read 2795 times)

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Struggling to find a decent ED30
« on: September 17, 2020, 09:32:37 pm »
Evening all.

Been here a while after owning 6 Mark 5’s so far but after selling my T5 I’m on the hunt for a ED30. Needs to be DSG and be stock. Finding a stock one that hasn’t been messed with seems the hardest thing.

Ideally 3dr too.

Would really like an enthusiast owned car and have a budget of £10k for the right own.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
Re: Struggling to find a decent ED30
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 10:06:12 pm »
Are you in any of the Facebook groups ? Often see ed30’s up for sale

Offline FatWelshBoy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 02:03:05 pm »
On the Facebook group "VW Golf GTI Edition 30 Owners Group" there's a few for sale. You've got a healthy budget so posting a wanted advert on there should have something turn up. Its hard to find standard examples now, the tuning potential means its almost criminal not to stage 1 remap them. I searched for months to find my car as I wanted one fully loaded with reasonable miles and not heavily modified. I nearly went for a standard DSG 5dr with 45k miles and fully loaded at £11k but felt it was a grand over priced.

Offline HJJKO

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 06:12:58 pm »
Hey buddy!

Iv got a white DSG 3door, its on 108k full service history and its really very clean example.

Iv drafted up the full specs so if your interested im happy to send this to you before i put it for sale in a couple of months.

Its going on for 12k.

Email: harry-jenkins@outlook.com

Be nice to sell to another enthusiast!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 06:44:56 pm »
I think if I got another Golf it would have to be white, and while a 3 door is impractical in car parks with those farmer's gate doors, they certainly look the best!

@HJJKO that's a nice example!
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline mk1mad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 07:38:07 pm »
I have also been looking for a  dsg, low mileage fairly standard car   for a few months now. Seems all the best ones are being kept hold of by their  owners, I think I may have missed the boat in finding one.
Edition 30
Golf Mk1 5vT

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 02:02:33 pm »
Hey buddy!

Iv got a white DSG 3door, its on 108k full service history and its really very clean example.

Iv drafted up the full specs so if your interested im happy to send this to you before i put it for sale in a couple of months.

Its going on for 12k.

Email: harry-jenkins@outlook.com

Be nice to sell to another enthusiast!

The car looks great, I do like them in white!

But is £12 realistically ever going to happen?

I paid £8750 4 years ago for a 58 plate Pirelli with 47k on the clock in great condition. It's still in great nic, and is similar miles to yours now, but I'd value it at about £7k

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 03:00:06 pm »
Wow - that's a lot of money! I bought my 3-dr DSG Ed30 with Xenons from VW on 47k at £12,995 in 2012 for perspective!

I appreciate it's more about condition, and history (plus spec) as these cars get older & fewer though...!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline wacky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 04:48:23 pm »
Just out of interest, why do you want stock ?

I have an ED30 which I had a remap done on just because the place where I had a new exhaust fitted were doing a half price deal on remaps (which gave me 70 BHP extra).  I drive it like a grandma compared to a lot of drivers I see !

It's my second car now which I am keeping as I think they will go up in value over time, just to give you perspective from the owners :)

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 05:37:34 pm »
I think many of us upgrade parts as they wear out eg brakes / suspension etc, so sensible tweaks should be something to welcome. Is quite easy to keep the car looking / sounding stock whilst also being more purposeful to drive.

Offline wacky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 05:50:59 pm »
I think many of us upgrade parts as they wear out eg brakes / suspension etc, so sensible tweaks should be something to welcome. Is quite easy to keep the car looking / sounding stock whilst also being more purposeful to drive.

very true, I got a milltek exhaust only because my exhaust was finished, then ended up getting the upgrade with the remap as part of the deal.  I'm in my 40's and not interested in racing around, I just like to have that bit of power from time to time !

Offline Benandeddy1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 09:54:37 pm »
I wouldn't worry about it being modded. They're enthusiast cars so tend to be modified. As long as it looks standard. I'll be selling mine soon for around the 7k mark. Its a 5 door though. DSG, black in great condition. In staffordshire if you want a look. Think you need to look at a few    before you commit 10k to check you're getting your moneys worth.

Offline HJJKO

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 01:10:37 am »
A car is worth whatever the next person is willing to part with. I know 12k is alot, but these are getting rarer.. and this one is pretty much show condition. Very good history and all that, very lightly modified (full custom exhaust ect) drives faultless and clean throughout.

So 10k is a good budget.. but for what is arguably the rarest of the ed30's, I think 12 is sensible.

Offline HJJKO

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 01:11:21 am »
A car is worth whatever the next person is willing to part with. I know 12k is alot, but these are getting rarer.. and this one is pretty much show condition. Very good history and all that, very lightly modified (full custom exhaust ect) drives faultless and clean throughout.

So 10k is a good budget.. but for what is arguably the rarest of the ed30's, I think 12 is sensible.

Offline HJJKO

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 01:16:46 am »
Forgot to mention it has almost every optional extra too (except sunroof).