Make a donation

Author Topic: Steering torque sensor help  (Read 685 times)

Offline Carl_gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Steering torque sensor help
« on: September 21, 2020, 08:17:12 pm »
Hi all having an issue with my gti got a yellow steering wheel on the dash done steering adaption with vagcom but the fault Has come back “g269 torque sensor “ I’ve also checked the torque values and they do change whilst moving the wheel left to right indicating a wiring fault according to something I’ve read unsure where to look for this wire also where I go from here as I’m unsure if this can be fixed or it’s a new rack ? Any help appreciated as I’m at a stump and just don’t wanna throw money away if it can be fixed

Offline Cozza

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Steering torque sensor help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 03:33:02 pm »
Start the car and make sure the steering wheel is in the center
Turn the wheel to full lock left and hold it there for a few seconds
Turn the wheel to full right lock and hold for a few seconds
Go for a slow drive and it should go out.

If this doesn’t work you’ll most likely be needing a new rack at some point. FYI I’ve had this error code on and off for the past year and I haven’t personally noticed any problems with the steering, just annoying having the yellow steering light on.

Offline TedStriker

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Steering torque sensor help
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 04:49:18 pm »
I had this and the eventual fix was a replacement rack. Not expensive on ebay for a used part, I think I paid around £40 - just check that you get the exact same part number as there were a number of revisions with different electrcial connections. Couple of hours work for a garage that knows what they are doing.

I didn't notice nay negative effects from the error, but it is an MOT fail.