Make a donation

Author Topic: Tempted by an exhaust  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
Re: Tempted by an exhaust
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 10:44:11 am »
I'd heard of BCS being mentioned all over this forum, but looking into it I wouldn't want to spend all that money on a powervalve because I'd personally prefer something that sounds beefy even in the low revs! Not similar to stock (which is what a few BCS owners have mentioned).

After speaking to the guys at R-tech they've convinced me to go with a full decat non res turbo back from Cobra. They fit it for free as well

Will be having loads of videos on my YouTube channel on the process when I get it done early January

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I don’t think all their systems are valved, you can still have loud if you want it.
I have the prestige and I’m more than happy with the slightly sportier than stock tone with no drone.

:happy2:
3 sound profiles available for the non valved systems  :laugh:
Cheers
Nige

Offline G-olf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 08:55:18 pm »
Hi Guys,

I've been considering a sports cat downpipe, 3 inch.
Is the BCS 200 cell cat efficient enough to not cause the warning light to illuminate?
Don't want a stage 2 car or have to remap because of a sport cat.
Anyone running this downpipe with stock map or stage 1 without the sensitivity of the post cat sensor adjusted?

Cheers

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 01:42:25 am »
After speaking to the guys at R-tech they've convinced me to go with a full decat non res turbo back from Cobra. They fit it for free as well

Because it takes 15 minutes to fit a system to a MK5 and they're getting kick backs from Cobra.  A pipe is a pipe. People pay stupid money for a frickin pipe.  I don't get it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 01:46:23 am by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q1sashan8ae4dga8v2bqrcliq7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 05:50:36 pm »

Because it takes 15 minutes to fit a system to a MK5 and they're getting kick backs from Cobra.  A pipe is a pipe. People pay stupid money for a frickin pipe.  I don't get it.

Except if you buy one from a decent company like BCS you can be assured that its made out of decent materials and aftercare is spot on vs an ebay 'punt' that is probably made out of bits of scaffolding.