Make a donation

Author Topic: Stereo replacement - Voltage drop, pin connection diagram  (Read 525 times)

Offline gautxori

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Stereo replacement - Voltage drop, pin connection diagram
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:40:15 pm »
Hi, I'm bound to replace my OEM car radio for a Kenwood, I got the adaptors for antenna and multipin fakra to iso, radio has the "iso to kenwood" connector... but the multipin fakra to iso adapter came with the pins unmounted. I need help to pair these pins, according to the following picture:

loudspeaker connections are already paired, I only need help for the ones related to power. So i must match the cables/colors in the picture, to the sources in the fakra car connector (right side, pins 9, 10, 12, 14, 15 or 16). I guess black cable goes to pin 12 (gnd) and yellow one goes to pin 15 (plus connection), but i do not know where to get sources from for the remaining cables:
** blue/white (*1) == power control
** red == ignition (acc)
and also for the loose cables,
** blue/white (*2) == antenna control
** brown == mute
** green/yellow == steering wheel / remote controller

The only possible remaining sources, on the right of the picture, are can bus (9 or 10), alarm contact (14) or anti theft (16)... and I guess NONE of them matches the above mentioned cables!
I guess I'd need a "Universal CAN-Bus interface", or at least a "CAN-Bus ignition generator", to get red cable (ignition) signal from canbus pins 9 & 10. Can someone confirm this?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 05:53:56 pm by gautxori »