Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf Mk5 GTI quattro swap  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Armandot55

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Golf Mk5 GTI quattro swap
« on: October 22, 2020, 07:44:12 pm »
Hello ,
     I recently bought all the parts for the full setup from an Audi S3 8P ( complete rear subframe + haldex , complete prop shaft , fuel tank , gearbox + transfer box ...)
      Till now everything was ok , I installed all the parts on the car. Now I am the part where I have to make all the wiring.
       I know that are some cars made in the past with this swap , my question is if someone can help me with a wiring diagram or with pictures/details  how I can make this work.So I can wire the haldex with the ABS/ECU , the fuel tank...
    Any small details will help . Thank you

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Golf Mk5 GTI quattro swap
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 03:45:10 pm »
Did you not get the ECUs, gateway, instrument cluster, keys and harnesses from the S3?

Good luck if you didn't.  People rarely share wiring details on projects like this.  You'll need ELSAWin or Autodata to cross reference the wiring diagrams from both cars to figure out what needs adding/removing and changing.  The fuse/relay boards are modular on the MK5 platform and harnesses usually just plug-in, but unless you have the donor ECUs/Controllers, you'll need to do a lot of coding with VCDS and/or VW ODIS.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D