Make a donation

Author Topic: midline to highline  (Read 21017 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: midline to highline
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 01:09:30 pm »
Simon,

What exact model and engine type is your Golf ?

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline s1mon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 01:30:24 pm »
It's an 08 GTI so 2.0TFSI

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 01:32:30 pm »
Simon, thanks for that. I'll have a look tonight in ETKA and see if that part number appears for an 08 GTI or not.

Will post back tomorrow (unless anyone else has ETKA in front of them at the moment ?)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 07:58:47 pm »
Simon I've had a look in my copy of ETKA (which has all updates upto 23rd of this this month) and have found the following:

1K6 920 973 X
dash panel insert -180mph for models BWA, BYD+ PR-A8H
Equipment level - Top Sports Equipment

But it's listed for a 2006-2007 model year car not 2008. Maybe that's part of the problem ?

According to my ETKA, the part for a 2008 MY car is

1K6 920 974 X

Hopefully someone can confirm that I'm right (Darren can you check for me as well ?)

But this might well be your problem ?

Offline s1mon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 11:05:43 pm »
Cheers for the info, I've asked my mate to check that part number tomorrow and see what he can find. I'll let you know when I hear back from him.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 07:29:37 am »
From looking on ETKA it looks like you will need part# 1K6 920 970 EX z02 £262.71 inc vat @ 15.0%.  973x that i can see isnt an highline cluster its 972 dx but reading on Malooshecks highline thread these will not code up...? you will be better off sourcing the part number ive given you 970 EX z02 these are from an 2005 model gti with highline and will code up.

Darren

Offline s1mon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 09:13:07 am »
The part number I posted (973X) is definitely a highline cluster, I've seen it fitted in my car it just wouldn't code. So now i'm just as lost as I was before!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 05:32:15 pm »
ETKA has 973 X down has just been top sports equipment which I presume is there new wording for multifunction display with control which is what the old wording says, 

If you can source the 970 EX cluster,  one went on ebay the other day this will be perfect and will code up no problems.

Darren

Offline s1mon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 11:09:17 pm »
Yeah, the problem is I now have a cluster paid for that doesn't code and they won't take it back because it's classed as used as soon as it was tried in my car. So my only option now is to sell the one for the 06/07 car and then buy the 08 one.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 06:02:16 am »
Simon who is trying to code this up for you? im guessing not a dealer otherwise they should have no problem with whatever cluster they have cos they just stick it on VAS and that does every thing for them they just follow the on screen instructions.

If it is some one out side of a VW dealer then they dont have a cat in hells chance with coding an 06-08 cluster up.

Have a word with the dealer you got it from and ask them if they will fit it for you? it will probably be cheaper than selling your and having to buy another one.

Darren

Offline s1mon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 09:01:26 am »
It's a guy I know that works at a VW dealer so all the dealer equipment is available to us. He bought the part for me but he can't get it to code. Do you think/know if there's a way of getting the the one I have to work in my car?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 09:16:32 am »
I'm willing to stick my neck out and say if it is a MK5 dash insert then it can be coded.  The coding of it will not be affected by it's capabilities such as wrong rev counter etc.

So based on that it could be operator error.  The only fly in the ointment is perhaps if the VAS/GFF online system has blocked it for being an unsuitable part number - I know this is not the case with Skoda.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 04:42:40 pm »
I would probably go with Stu on this and say operator error...Ive seen how VAS works and it is literaly on screen promts all the way through all the operator has to do is key in the details of the existing cluster. Also if hes able to do this with dealer equipment then he will be able to get advice/backup from germany about what hes doing.

Darren

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 05:26:38 pm »
Simon where are you based?  Perhaps Darren or myself could take a look for you.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 06:03:58 pm »
im gettin my highline done in the morning whoop!