Make a donation

Author Topic: Aftermarket Intakes and Fuel Trims.......  (Read 4304 times)

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Aftermarket Intakes and Fuel Trims.......
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 07:16:23 am »
Great thread chaps - Following with Gusto......whoever he is!!!!! LOL

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: Aftermarket Intakes and Fuel Trims.......
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 09:44:17 pm »
Can't one just build an intake around the stock MAF so as to keep the fuel trim as close to 0? What would be an acceptable trim change since on my old car had a range of +10 to -10 which VAGCOM pointed as acceptable. What are the actual restrictions in the stock airbox/tubes?

Acceptable range??? I suppose as close to zero as possible. I never checked mine before swapping to the P-Flo and the K04...so I just don't know what it was when stock or at stage 1.

Restrictions??? When I had my original box, it seemed plenty open. Only thing I noticed is the air takes a left-hand turn to pass the MAF and turbo inlet. This would seem to negate the theory of the air in our aftermarket intakes must have a long straight section pre-MAF.

After the k04 went into mine it still was doing great MPG. Lately, not so much without some effort. I am OK with mine at 8%...but I do wish it were less and MPG were up again. So, because it did get great MPG when it was first K04 tuned...I can not blame the intake for the drop in MPG as of late.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1