Make a donation

Author Topic: Eibach pro kit vs sportline kit help!!!  (Read 20178 times)

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Re: Eibach pro kit vs sportline kit help!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 10:57:29 pm »
Has any body got vw racing springs?

I've just had VWR springs fitted on the front today as the osf spring had snapped, I bought complete set second hand with original shocks. Will get the rears done at some point too.
Too soon to know how they ride properly yet though.
I still have the rear springs in the shed if you want me to measure them.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: Eibach pro kit vs sportline kit help!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2021, 11:21:50 pm »
Don't forget the rear springs are inboard, so the rates don't quite work the same way as the fronts.  The leverage is different. 

On older, solid rear axle'd VWs the rates were always softer than the front to account for the stiffness of the beam, but on independent rear axles where the fulcrum point of the spring is half way along the control arm, it's not unusual to see a higher rate to compensate. Right...I became aware of this when I was working on leveling with the last set. I realized exactly this with the springs being more inward.

Anyway, I'm glad you've noticed a change/improvement.  It's good to experiment with spring/damper rates and dial it in to exactly how you want it, rather than just buying kit X, Y or Z and just putting up with it. Exactly.
Good points...and yeah, this is my fourth configuration. Thanks again.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1