Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI 7.5 perf pack vs TCR or 7.5 R ?  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
GTI 7.5 perf pack vs TCR or 7.5 R ?
« on: December 23, 2020, 09:34:07 am »
Considering one of the above. Few Q’s.
I know the 7.5 perf pack has around 245bhp and an electrical front diff? Over the stock gti. But is the engine the same as the stock gti but with different mapping or is it a detuned R engine?

I know the TCR has an R engine rated at 290ps and a front locking diff, is the diff the same as the perf pack gti diff or uprated? Apart from engine and poss diff, are there any other upgrades over the perf pack gti?

7.5 R - is this just the best all rounder? Drove one in dsg and it was v capable but quite boring tbh. Maybe a manual would be more fun.. is it 100kg heavier than the gti?

Is the TCR worth the extra?
Does the stock gti even have a diff?

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: GTI 7.5 perf pack vs TCR or 7.5 R ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 03:31:50 pm »
PP has the same is20 turbo as regular GTi but with a ‘marketing’ tune, bigger front brakes and lsd. TCR then adds is38 turbo of R and some styling touches to justify price hike. The general view seems to be that 2wd is more fun to drive and imo PP could be the best choice for many used buyers.

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:51:31 pm »
Thanks for the info. I’m on the lookout for a car with DCC which seems to be quite rare. TCR maybe the best option as i have seen one with DCC, prets, dynaudio and rear camera with only 3k on the clock. Not sure if I can gel with the seats tho  :signLOL:

willni

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 07:04:34 pm »
Thanks for the info. I’m on the lookout for a car with DCC which seems to be quite rare. TCR maybe the best option as i have seen one with DCC, prets, dynaudio and rear camera with only 3k on the clock. Not sure if I can gel with the seats tho  :signLOL:

Just my thoughts on if I were looking for a replacement to my 7.5. Best options for me were Panoramic sunroof and DSG, but these are quite marmite and the sunroof can have a lot of issues.

Colour wise avoid plain white, lets the car down, but white silver is very nice.

I haven't ever thought I needed DCC on my 7.5 GTD, and I run 19's on rough roads the suspension is very comfortable standard, and if you lower your car then it's needs a delete. The Pretoria alloys are very soft and buckle very easily and and £4k a set many owners just get replicas as they're stronger and more durable.

Dynaudio is a nice option, but if you can't find one the VW Audiotec Fischer DSP and Sub accessory transforms the factory speakers. The Rear Camera is a great option as well I retrofitted mine for £250 and 2 hours of my time.

willni

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 07:08:15 pm »

Also here's a high spec gti, but i think it's too expensive.

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/20-tsi-gti-pp-245ps-dsg-dynamic-chassis-control-sunroof-brescia-mbcgdzu