Make a donation

Author Topic: My Golf Variant 2.0TSI DSG  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Marneus

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
My Golf Variant 2.0TSI DSG
« on: December 27, 2020, 06:33:36 pm »
Hi all.

Picked this up last week after stumbling across it on EBay, so far I love it & can’t wait to get more acquainted with it.

It’s a 2009 Japanese import 2.0 TSi DSG estate, which is as close to a Mk5 GTi estate as I could get.

I’ll keep this thread updated with the modifications I have planned over the coming year & hopefully get to some shows/meets in 2021.

Take care & stay safe.

Jamie

Offline Mekaniko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
Re: My Golf Variant 2.0TSI DSG
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 07:01:05 pm »
Nice spec and very uncommon.

Will you keep it stock or you will go to a GTI look

Offline Marneus

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 01:27:55 pm »
Nice spec and very uncommon.

Will you keep it stock or you will go to a GTI look

It’s a lovely motor. Currently in having the thermostat done but should be all good once that’s taken care of.

I’m unsure on how it’s going to look, a big part of me wants to go full GTI look but another part of me wants to keep it fairly stock looking for the sleeper look (standard wheels, lower it 30mm, get rid of the chrome, Mk7 R front brakes & take it to stage 2)

We’ll have to see how this lockdown progresses to see how quickly everything happens  :grin:

Offline shannon-ob

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=rheq9oh86vft8sg33u524elksm&/topic,124095.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 01:00:14 pm »
Looks very clean!

I've always wanted to buy one of these and make a full GTI estate.
MY 3 DOOR 370BHP MANUAL GTI TRACK BUILD - WAVETRACK DIFF, CAGED, POLYCARBS, KO4, DB9 BRAKES, METH, BARTEK, VIS, HELIX PADDLE CLUTCH/SMF, FLOCKED DASH, 18X9 PRO RACE

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,124095.0.html

Instagrams;
@shannon_ob
@dinger_developments

Offline Notch000

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 12:15:18 pm »
looks a peach, Are these the full fat 200 BHP or detunned  ?

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=rheq9oh86vft8sg33u524elksm&/topic,131272.0.html
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 09:01:22 pm »
Very nice.

In terms of mods, if it were me and I'm sure no one cares what I think haha it would be: gti front end, some edition 30 or other set of nice wheels, de chrome and de badge, exhaust or just exhaust tips and some quality dampers and springs like b12 sportline and paint those calipers black or red or something. Job done.

Offline Marneus

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 04:33:05 pm »
Well…. I’ve not done much to the car this year except drive it. I swapped the chrome grill out for a gloss black one from a GT, put my plate on & mounted it with some plate holders.  I’ve been using it for work & have done nearly 22k miles in it since January (44,300 in Jan & currently coming up to 66,000)
It’s been faultless & my only expenses besides fuel (averaged 34.8mpg over the last year) has been servicing. I’m really enjoying it & I love the DSG far more than I ever thought I would, it’s awesome when I’m trundling through London in auto mode but once some interesting roads come up the manual mode changes the character of the car.

I’ve sourced a van for work and will probably be selling my Mk3 Golf as I much prefer driving this so after Christmas the mods will commence.
New wheels
Koni STR-T kit
Brembo front brakes
Exhaust so I can actually hear the engine
Stage 1 for engine & DSG
Different front bumper
Possibly new seats.

Haven’t taken any recent photos & the car is filthy  :grin:

Offline OllieL

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 10:47:58 pm »
Hopefully getting one of these myself

Any quirks to know about the estate?

Ollie

Offline adamvaughan

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2022, 09:24:08 am »
Well…. I’ve not done much to the car this year except drive it. I swapped the chrome grill out for a gloss black one from a GT, put my plate on & mounted it with some plate holders.  I’ve been using it for work & have done nearly 22k miles in it since January (44,300 in Jan & currently coming up to 66,000)
It’s been faultless & my only expenses besides fuel (averaged 34.8mpg over the last year) has been servicing. I’m really enjoying it & I love the DSG far more than I ever thought I would, it’s awesome when I’m trundling through London in auto mode but once some interesting roads come up the manual mode changes the character of the car.

I’ve sourced a van for work and will probably be selling my Mk3 Golf as I much prefer driving this so after Christmas the mods will commence.
New wheels
Koni STR-T kit
Brembo front brakes
Exhaust so I can actually hear the engine
Stage 1 for engine & DSG
Different front bumper
Possibly new seats.

Haven’t taken any recent photos & the car is filthy  :grin:

Have you found an exhaust off the shelf? I have one of these and had settle myself for just a Ram Air cold air kit for a bit more engine noise.