Make a donation

Author Topic: Lemforder rear control arms  (Read 4825 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n37716dkrqk6tpdcm3ngtkcrd7&/topic,19740.0.html

Offline LC5F

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: Lemforder rear control arms
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:52:16 pm »
looks legit to me - as long as they dont substitute half of them for other brands due to stock issues
ask them to confirm.

Just when we thought brexit was done.... there may be an issue with them sending to UK due to HMRC wanting every company that sends stuff to the UK to be VAT registered: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55530721
I'm just hoping that its a short term misunderstanding

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n37716dkrqk6tpdcm3ngtkcrd7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 10:58:10 pm »
Yes thats the other thing stopping me for the moment. I do not want to get lumbered with a 20% vat bill before they release them  :fighting:

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 07:15:09 pm »
If you buy directly from the seller rather than off ebay, then they should take off vat as UK is now an export destination. That sounds vaguely exotic  :smiley:

Offline LC5F

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 08:06:15 pm »
If you buy directly from the seller rather than off ebay, then they should take off vat as UK is now an export destination. That sounds vaguely exotic  :smiley:

Agreed, but would prefer paying the VAT in Germany VAT as its 19%... maybe the 1% will partially cancel out the extra premium couriers are now also charging for getting stuff into the UK  :signLOL:

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 06:53:24 am »

Agreed, but would prefer paying the VAT in Germany VAT as its 19%... maybe the 1% will partially cancel out the extra premium couriers are now also charging for getting stuff into the UK  :signLOL:

As we have now left EU, their sellers should be deducting their domestic VAT on sales into UK. If you pay the regular German / EU domestic price, then you can expect to have 20% added on importation into UK. That 1% Vat saving will cost you almost 25% more as Vat will be levied on the fully taxed price inclusive of shipping.