Make a donation

Author Topic: arm rest  (Read 15618 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: arm rest
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 01:52:10 pm »
Scousus, not sure if you could convert the old ipod ones to USB as they were firewire charging which is a different voltage and pin out you would need to track down a converter.  Alternatively if you got one of the cubby hole trims they have a seperate section in the lowere plastic where you can get aircon vent in to cool or heat the box, I reckon that could be easily converted to a cigarette 12v unit with a USB cigarette plug in for charging phones.

Peter,  I believe the MDI is only compatible with the third generation stereos so you would need an RNS510 RNS310 or RCD510 or equivalent to operate the MDI interface.

The one at the start of this thread works with the older units and acts and uses the CD changer cabling and will play the first 99 or so tracks and I dont believe it will give you track names just numbers.  I believe it was an Audi unit but im not 100% on that.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Scousus maximus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 03:34:36 pm »
Thanks for that mate, I've pretty much searched it to death now and there's nothing that I can see so I think the blank bin and 12v socket is the way Ill go.
Appreciate your help.
Regards,
John

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 03:37:58 pm »
I reckon a fairly neat job could be made of that, if you look for an image of it its already a round aperture so you should be able to find a suitbale socket to fit straight in, its just like the one in your glove box.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Peter85

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 04:52:09 pm »
Thanks for the info rich