Make a donation

Author Topic: how upgrade To 2 speakers at 3 speakers in front doors of my r32 year 2006 ?  (Read 3232 times)

Offline jida4646

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
hello
by removing my front door panel on my r32  3 doors from 2006 
I saw that there are only 2 speakers : the bass and the tweeter there is no midrange. :scared:
I would like to instal midrange speaker ( upgrade 8 speaker to 10 speakers)
is it possible to add the medium in each front door without making too much wiring?
the station is an RCD 300 is it compatible?
Do I have to redo the complete beam or I can transplant myself to one of the HP already wired in the door if so on which and in series or in parallel?
thank you
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:02:05 pm by jida4646 »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
You can either get an OEM 3 way speaker kit, or get something from the aftermarket. 

Gladen do nice 3 way kits with an 8" woofer.  Sounds amazing and easy to wire up  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
I saw that there are only 2 speakers : the bass and the tweeter there is no midrange. :scared:
I would like to instal midrange speaker ( upgrade 8 speaker to 10 speakers)
is it possible to add the medium in each front door without making too much wiring?

2 speakers is standard speaker set up- 3 speakers was an option - there is a space in the door card ready to take the mid-speaker
Ideally your new speakers should come as a kit with a passive crossover that splits the signal to each speaker - this gets wired into your existing cable
Lots of custom kits were made back when Mk5 was newer, but not many kits still available - these look really good:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MB-Quart-QM200-3-VW-Golf-V-Custom-Speaker-Upgrade-Component-Kit-3-way-8-/261536432884

Offline Bagus

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Just joined the forum and have been reading up on all the helpful threads.

Am looking at going the gladen 3way route, a mosconi D2 150.2 amp. And maybe something like the mb-quart active sub and enclosure for the boot.

Having a nightmare deciding on the head unit but thats a whole other thread.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:18:51 pm by Bagus »