Make a donation

Author Topic: Eagle F1 SuperSport  (Read 9015 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Eagle F1 SuperSport
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2021, 01:56:56 am »
Camskill do them at £82 each if you want supply only.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline LC5F

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2021, 12:22:45 pm »
Camskill do them at £82 each if you want supply only.

Camskill are great - but don't forget delivery on top.

Offline Sean_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2021, 03:14:54 pm »
Any more reviews of the Super Sport tyres ?? I am currently using Michelin PS4 but have found them lacking under certain circumstances, such as high speed sweeping corners or when pushing them thru a roundabout.

I was considering a set of coil overs but I think maybe the extra grip and stiffer sidewalls of the Super Sports would be a better compromise.

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2021, 07:35:19 pm »
I found that initially the ride seemed harsher and more jiggly but after a few hundred miles they seemed to bed in, or I got used to them.  :signLOL: Not had any real wet weather yet but in the dry the steering response seems a bit quicker than the ps4. I certainly don't regret buying them but I'll be interested to see how they wear.

Offline Sean_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2021, 06:18:47 am »
Thanks for the reply. That seems to be the consensus that they are slightly harsher and louder on the road. Not too fussed about wear as long as the grip is a step up from the PS4. I’ve had the Michelin’s on for 18 month and there is plenty of life left in them so I could offload them if I change.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2021, 01:40:44 pm »
Any more reviews of the Super Sport tyres ?? I am currently using Michelin PS4 but have found them lacking under certain circumstances, such as high speed sweeping corners or when pushing them thru a roundabout.

I was considering a set of coil overs but I think maybe the extra grip and stiffer sidewalls of the Super Sports would be a better compromise.

Exactly why I switched to the SuperSport over the PS4.  The SS fixes those shortcomings quite nicely.

In all the key areas that matter most to enthusiasts, the SS is far superior to the PS4.

They've been on my car 9 months now and the wear rate is about the same as the PS4.  As it's a daily driver, I can tell you there is only 1 compromise - ride quality.  It's not horrendous, but you will notice an increase in harshness.  It's one model down from their semi-track tyre, so there has to be a trade off somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 01:42:31 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Sean_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2021, 04:00:30 pm »
Thanks Pudding , it sounds like they are just what I am after. I can handle a bit more noise and harshness as long as they deliver when pushed a bit.