All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Ed30 1465 OEM Restoration

(1/3) > >>

Ed30Skucey:
Decided to take the plunge and join the active community of this forum. I must start out and say how incredibly helpful this forum has been. I couldn't have done all the work without this forum for sure.

This is my first foray into hot VW ownership, however there is a 2 owner 2011 Audi S3 on low miles in the family which is such a joy to drive, the power and grip is superb. This particular Edition 30 is number 1465 in Black Pearlescent, fairly poverty spec for an Ed30 but low ownership and good history file tempted me to join the Edition 30 club. It was for sale at a reasonable price and local too. Unfortunately it's 7 year foray into Ireland (near the Sea) didn't treat it well and underneath in particular was crusty. With lengthy furlough on the horizon (this was April last year), I decided to take the car off the road as soon as I bought it. I've now thoroughly overhauled the rear and front suspension all back to OE spec with genuine VW parts.

Having got it back on the road in November there are a couple of issues but it's usable and enjoyable for now. The plan now is to iron out the gremlins in the suspension and move on to the engine, sticking as close to OEM as possible. Also the tyres on it are cheap and downright dangerous with a car of that much power, it spins up in every gear in the wet, so some PS4 or other of that quality will be fitted soon. Hopefully a trip to R-Tech is also in the budget too.

Will post photos once I work out how to.

mjmallia:
Welcome  :happy2:

shannon-ob:
Welcome mate.

I usually find posting photos easiest through the mobile app, Tapatalk.

Hope this helps.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

omeydz:
Welcome mate all the very best :)

Andy:
Welcome to the forum..look forward to the pics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version