Make a donation

Author Topic: 'Braking News'  (Read 1970 times)

Offline EBC Brakes UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
'Braking News'
« on: February 01, 2021, 03:09:45 pm »
We are here to assist users with any specific EBC queries or product issue they may have, no sales or advertising, just offering assistance.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: 'Braking News'
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 03:24:08 pm »
Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining

Offline Carpy25

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 07:31:48 pm »
Why when you had issues with the bonding between the friction surface and the backing plates giving way this happened to two sets of my green stuff pads one rear Corrado that just came loose and didn’t drop out on the road and one on the front of my Audi A3 that fell out on the road and almost caused me  bad accident, you refused to answer emails , recall effected pads or even acknowledge the was a problem
I used your Greenstuff pads for 10 years+  recommended to friends and didn’t even get a reply from your customer service department twice ! yes this was a few years ago but would you like to reply now as you haven’t as yet

Rob

Offline EBC Brakes UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:45:46 pm »
Why when you had issues with the bonding between the friction surface and the backing plates giving way this happened to two sets of my green stuff pads one rear Corrado that just came loose and didn’t drop out on the road and one on the front of my Audi A3 that fell out on the road and almost caused me  bad accident, you refused to answer emails , recall effected pads or even acknowledge the was a problem
I used your Greenstuff pads for 10 years+  recommended to friends and didn’t even get a reply from your customer service department twice ! yes this was a few years ago but would you like to reply now as you haven’t as yet

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your message and for providing feedback with regards to the past issues you encountered. I can only apologise for the fact that you had no response at the time of your issue but with that being a few years back (before my time) and with products and management having moved on, would you be prepared to try our new products if I arranged something for you?

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 06:08:50 am »
@EBC Brakes UK - are you able to share your thoughts with us on whether there is a need / much benefit to upgrade rear pads after the front ones have been upgraded? Also would they need the same model type eg Yellow front but maybe green at rear.

Offline EBC Brakes UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 10:37:27 am »
@EBC Brakes UK - are you able to share your thoughts with us on whether there is a need / much benefit to upgrade rear pads after the front ones have been upgraded? Also would they need the same model type eg Yellow front but maybe green at rear.

Hi, Thanks for your question. We would always suggest balancing the front and rears with the same colour pad.

Offline Carpy25

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 01:30:13 pm »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your message and for providing feedback with regards to the past issues you encountered. I can only apologise for the fact that you had no response at the time of your issue but with that being a few years back (before my time) and with products and management having moved on, would you be prepared to try our new products if I arranged something for you?

Thank you for replying I don’t doubt that the management from that time have moved on IMO their handling of the problem by trying to ignore it has and will cost EBC brakes for many years to come , and this is proved here by , thank you for your offer of new products but I for one will never trust my life with EBC brakes again even free ones

Sorry once again I’ve been waiting years to have my say hopefully EBC can continue to supply and support the industry, I used them for many years without problems, my own opinion were that green stuff weren’t any better than other good quality makes out there but they were very low dust which was I used them for years

Cheers

Rob

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 01:35:27 pm »

Hi, Thanks for your question. We would always suggest balancing the front and rears with the same colour pad.

Yes, ok but to answer my main question - what are the benefits of doing so and how significant are they?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 01:44:11 pm »
I had the big forge brake kit on my old gttdi with Ebc rear brakes  with yellow pads I just found the pads wore down quickly

Offline EBC Brakes UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 01:38:35 pm »

Hi Rob,

Thank you for replying I don’t doubt that the management from that time have moved on IMO their handling of the problem by trying to ignore it has and will cost EBC brakes for many years to come , and this is proved here by , thank you for your offer of new products but I for one will never trust my life with EBC brakes again even free ones

Sorry once again I’ve been waiting years to have my say hopefully EBC can continue to supply and support the industry, I used them for many years without problems, my own opinion were that green stuff weren’t any better than other good quality makes out there but they were very low dust which was I used them for years

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for your further reply and comments. We will continue to improve products as time moves on but unfortunately the only way We can change past opinions is for people to try the newer products and allow us the opportunity to redeem any past problems.

Offline EBC Brakes UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 01:42:21 pm »
I had the big forge brake kit on my old gttdi with Ebc rear brakes  with yellow pads I just found the pads wore down quickly

Hi, Thanks for your reply. What pads did the brake kit come with and did you use the car on the track at all? Thanks

Offline EBC Brakes UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 01:42:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining

Thanks for having us.

Offline EBC Brakes UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 01:44:59 pm »

Yes, ok but to answer my main question - what are the benefits of doing so and how significant are they?

Thanks again, if you send us your email address (PM) or email technical@ebcbrakesuk.com We can get a full response to your question for you.

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 04:27:10 pm »

Thanks again, if you send us your email address (PM) or email technical@ebcbrakesuk.com We can get a full response to your question for you.

I really don’t understand why you can’t just post your reply here for the benefit of other readers. That was afterall the purpose for which you said you were here for in your first post.

Anyhow, I bought your red stuff front pads about 4 years ago upon the recommendation of Racingline for road use. They had some good bite once they had some heat in them but initial bite from cold was numb, which really isn’t a good thing for a road compound. The low dust aspect was good but they were otherwise markedly inferior in all other respects to the Endless MX72 I replaced them with. Maybe your more recent products have improved.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:46:52 pm by colesey »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=be1r9kafrnu00sfbasua0j66rg&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 04:57:35 pm »
I wouldn’t use EBC pads even if they were free  :grin: