Make a donation

Author Topic: Help Needed Please! Blower not working unless on recirculate  (Read 2082 times)

Offline run-DMC92

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Help Needed Please! Blower not working unless on recirculate
« on: February 02, 2021, 04:52:07 pm »
Hello, apologises if this has been mentioned before but new here and have kinda run out of options or ideas to what my issue could be. I have a mk 5 2004 Golf with climate control and my blower only seems to work when on recirculate. I can hear the blower working normally but nothing comes out of the fans, however when i put the car into reverse the blower starts working but stops again when back in first gear. I ordered a new blower resister but turns out mine doesn't have one of these. Any ideas would be great as i have no idea where to start. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:49:07 pm by run-DMC92 »

Offline imitch1303

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Help Needed Please! Blower not working unless on recirculate
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 05:47:54 am »
Hi all. I have recently developed this exact issue. The whole reverse thing makes no sense to me but is is happening. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Gull

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Help Needed Please! Blower not working unless on recirculate
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 06:48:41 pm »
Try and get a scan of the HVAC Module in VCDS or similar and it should give you an idea of what might be wrong.
If you don't have it yourself you can ask someone nearby on the VCDS Register if they can help.

As for the "recirculate on reverse" thing, I believe it's a 'hidden' feature to prevent exhaust gasses being sucked in ('hidden' as it does it automatically and doesn't light the recirculate light).