Make a donation

Author Topic: Trackdays during lockdown?  (Read 998 times)

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9sh0ghmoqllgpr58dq1aq0q3pg&/topic,131272.0.html
Trackdays during lockdown?
« on: February 14, 2021, 03:21:13 pm »
Are track days aloud during current lock down? I notice that trackdays.co.uk are advertising events this month and in March for donnington, yet donningtons website seems to say track activity has ceased until april/may... same story with some other tracks. anyone know or actually been to any trackdays during lockdown?

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Trackdays during lockdown?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 08:45:14 am »
I don't believe they are on at the moment, no. As you suggest - best to keep an eye on the circuits own website. MSV for one are pretty good updating their covid info.

I got a few in last year during periods of eased restrictions. Was the only events I did do last year! The nature of them mean restrictions only need to ease up a bit before they can go ahead again.

I suppose all of these organizers are allowing people to book as 1) restrictions could be eased at any point and allow them to go ahead so probably no sense cancelling them until the week of, and 2) means they're still getting some cash in to stay afloat, if they cant go ahead now at least you're top on the list for dates later in the year.

I think there is going to be massive demand for track days and other motoring events (e.g. goodwood FoS) later this year. Lots of people carrying bookings over from cancelled events mean there wont be many spaces left and people will generally be desperate to get out of the house!
Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"

Offline vwmike1991

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Trackdays during lockdown?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 04:35:06 pm »
I live down the road from Oulton and my old man's a marshal and from what I've heard its the end of march when they are letting the first track days start from.

Don't think I'll be booking till later into summer let all the idiots go and crash first who will be breaking their neck to hit the limiter a few times ;).

MSV should be putting dates on from April time really depending on if Bobo lets us all out to play or if the masses will go out and rub faces with each other before were allowed to :)