Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 1.4tsi twincharge engine rattle  (Read 587 times)

Offline R24xsh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Mk5 1.4tsi twincharge engine rattle
« on: February 15, 2021, 06:54:46 pm »
Hello ive recently purchased a tsi twincharge (bmy) knowing the cars suffer with timing issues i went for one that’s already had it go and has been repaired unfortunately I ended up buying it from a coyboy dealership (not known at time) he said the timing slipped on startup and valves hit pistons supposedly its had a reconditioned head, 8 inlet valves, stem seals and timing kit.

Since ive had the car it ran a little rough on idle didnt think too much as i know it’s got a vacuum leak somewhere if its not from bodged engine cover  today drove to the shops when i pulled up I feel it running very rough and a tappity chica chica noise but not a grinding from timing cover area i called the cowboy and asked him for more information on the work done and pretty much he hasn’t changed the timing chain guides or had a reconditioned head and im thinking that this is causing this noise and for it to feel like is misfiring at idle no longer driving car dont want to cause any further issues.

Trying to figure out next steps is it likely there will be piston issues/weekness as they have contacted piston, does head need to come off tools needed and if not doing myself a good price for job?

i want to get this car pushing higher reliable power is there anyway upgrades i should be doing whilst in this area not just power mods ones for reliability

Car is on 135000
Bmy engine 140
In reading area

Please get back to me someone thanks  :stupid:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 09:01:32 pm by R24xsh »
2007 1.4tsi twincharge
Previous: 2008 mk5 gti