Make a donation

Author Topic: In the market for a VW GTi pirelli  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Goldipad

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
In the market for a VW GTi pirelli
« on: February 18, 2021, 04:23:27 pm »
Hello new to this forum but looks like the place to be!

In the market for a VW Golf GTi pirelli, was tempted by a S3 but after driving one its dull as f**** not worth the 2k insurance quote  :grin:

Anybody know of any good ones going prefer standard little mods np but no stage 2+  want a pretty genuine example!

Been looking for a little while now just missed out on one I want DSG and closer to south west UK the better  :jumping:

Hopefully find one soon

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email

Offline Goldipad

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Re: In the market for a VW GTi pirelli
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:05:16 pm »
https://www.motors.co.uk/car-58854286/?i=2&m=sp

I've made some inquiries into this one, the only solid dsg I've found thats not to far away (2hrs to me)

I've also rang about one Brighton 81K(off memory) dsg 3 door for 8450 (but they're holding it for someone until Sunday as the person seems keen?) 

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 10:46:25 pm »
The S3 is bland out of the box, but nothing better suspension wouldn't fix.  It's way better built than the Golf and has the best engine out of all the TFSI cars from that era (CDL code).

The only dull thing about the S3 is the way it looks, but the understated boring looks suit some people.  To be honest, 5 door MK5s look almost as boring as the S3, imo. The 3 door looks way better.

I'd get a 3dr DSG Edition 30 personally.  Pirellis are more exclusive and not generally modified as much, but you pay a premium for that unfortunately.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 11:50:55 am »
I must admit, I haven't ever seen a Pirelli edition on the road, but I did test drive one before my ED30. Exclusive for sure, but most I have seen for sale are pretty base spec and also 5-dr. The seats are better in person, but I would get bored of telling people why they have a tyre tread pattern!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline FatWelshBoy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 02:03:33 pm »
I've seen a few people import the Pirelli editions from Japan. They seem to be decently priced and rust free, only issue is service history they come with is a bit hit amd miss. I know where you are coming from with the S3 being boring, I find VAG AWD cars pretty dull. Once the novelty of being able to stamp on the throttle from a standstill wears off you find they are lacking the drama and rolling performance of FWD.

Offline Goldipad

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 09:05:36 pm »
The S3 is bland out of the box, but nothing better suspension wouldn't fix.  It's way better built than the Golf and has the best engine out of all the TFSI cars from that era (CDL code).

The only dull thing about the S3 is the way it looks, but the understated boring looks suit some people.  To be honest, 5 door MK5s look almost as boring as the S3, imo. The 3 door looks way better.

I'd get a 3dr DSG Edition 30 personally.  Pirellis are more exclusive and not generally modified as much, but you pay a premium for that unfortunately.

I have looked at ed30's but they're either manual or modded to F*** ones I've seen recently are 7-9k and think I've missed out on a 3 door Pirelli (will find out tomorrow) which was standard dsg 8495... so well im looking at prices the pirelli comes in a little higher than the ed30 but worth the extra for a non modded and better interior (personal opinion)  :grin: I can't have modded vehicles as my traders wont have pay out (bought traders day or two after the original post) 23 years old first traders policy 3k didn't seem to bad for me as my Mercedes now is 2k a year and I do part time trade 10-20 vehicles a year. I can get away with a remap but thats about it and a stage 1 remap is all I need don't want to become the typical young hatchback yob

Offline Goldipad

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 09:25:25 pm »
Just finally found and took the plunge and placed a deposit on Pirelli!! :jumping: :jumping:

82K DSG 3 DOOR BLACK STANDARD NO MODS  :happy2:

Vehicles price is £8450 DSG serviced at 50k cambelt done at 68k. Do you think that's a fair price?

Only got a 500 mile round trip to collect it though  :signLOL: be a lovely sunday drive home  :driver:

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 10:26:18 pm »
Just finally found and took the plunge and placed a deposit on Pirelli!! :jumping: :jumping:

Vehicles price is £8450 DSG serviced at 50k cambelt done at 68k. Do you think that's a fair price?

Only got a 500 mile round trip to collect it though  :signLOL: be a lovely sunday drive home  :driver:

No covid restrictions were you are then?

Offline Goldipad

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 08:52:17 am »

No covid restrictions were you are then?

Bit stupid of me to forget about that, work 6 days a week so nothings really changed for me in terms of lockdown but that's a very solid point.(the rules are the rules) Going go on Shiply and see I can get it delivered!!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 09:10:42 am »
Brilliant news..need pictures when you get it