Make a donation

Author Topic: Sacrilegious I know but...  (Read 850 times)

Offline SubZero75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Sacrilegious I know but...
« on: March 10, 2021, 01:46:16 pm »
I know having a hot hatch and thinking about mpg don't go hand in hand, and I know I could (or should) be hung, drawn and quartered for bringing it up, but could I ask if there is any material difference in the mpg after a stage one Revo remap?

Assuming that in general, the car is driven the same way, does it materially matters?

thanks a mill  :smiley:

Offline Clarkj93

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=l9nibouekj6raoes3vi5caalgb&/topic,131272.0.html
Re: Sacrilegious I know but...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 01:55:40 pm »
It is a claim and probably yes but the amount is likely negligible.... cars I've had remapped in the past have never gone up in mpg, it also ties in with once its remapped at least for a little while you will struggle to not drive it aggressively anyway. If it did go up though you would probably have to do a million odd miles before you get that 500 quid back in saved fuel. You do see fuel economy tunes advertised here and there though how much they help if at all I have no idea.

Offline SubZero75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 02:22:04 pm »
It is a claim and probably yes but the amount is likely negligible.... cars I've had remapped in the past have never gone up in mpg, it also ties in with once its remapped at least for a little while you will struggle to not drive it aggressively anyway. If it did go up though you would probably have to do a million odd miles before you get that 500 quid back in saved fuel. You do see fuel economy tunes advertised here and there though how much they help if at all I have no idea.

Thank you.

I should have been clearer. I meant the Revo map to increase BHP, as opposed to any other type to increase fuel efficiency  :happy2:

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 09:04:28 pm »
The mpg will only suffer if you use the extra power. Driven on a closed throttle / off boost like we do normally, it will be much the same.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 06:05:41 pm »
Hmmmm, that's like asking how fat will you get if you remap your cakes with more cream and sugar.  It depends entirely, as already said, how often you eat the cakes!

For context, my Edition 30 has been Stage 1 most of it's life and the long term average is 28mpg.  Daily motorway round trip of 70 miles, mostly at 85-90.  Lots of boosting.

If I nannied it everywhere and never exceeded 70mph, I expect it'll be in the low 30s, but I like cake  :smiley:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D