Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 608 times)

Offline CharlieThomas

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Advice
« on: February 25, 2021, 05:55:52 pm »
Seen a MK5 for sale, they have recently changed the Fuel Feed Unit, Fuel Filter and Fuel sensor. They've done it themselves, what kind of issue would the car have had that means it needed this done? Is it an easy job? Should I steer clear?

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 06:37:53 pm »
I would be suspicious. They have replaced bits for codes suggesting a lack of fuel pressure. I don't want to suggest this seller is sketchy...can you contact them and ask what code/codes appeared and required those to be replaced? Because they knew something was off with fuel pressure and were chasing it by swapping out some bits on the low pressure side of the fuel system. I have often seen people selling the MK5 due to cam follower(CF) failure. I have seen some sellers go as far as saying the CF was inspected and is good. When actually, they found it worn away and only installed another CF. When one lets the CF fail...it requires a new HPFP(high pressure fuel pump) and most times a new intake cam is needed as well. You can quickly remove the HPFP and inspect the CF, the HPFP piston, and the tri-lobe of the intake cam. I recommend searching MK5 GTI cam follower failed/failure. View images of failed cam followers and badly worn tri-lobes of intake cams.

Here's a start; https://www.google.com/search?q=mk5+gti+cam+follower+failed&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjhhpv61oXvAhV3HTQIHTVUDQoQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=mk5+gti+cam+follower+failed&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDDIECCMQJzIECCMQJzoCCAA6BAgAEBg6BAgAEB5Q1nRY1NMBYLHlAWgAcAB4AIABxAKIAZoNkgEIMTcuMi4wLjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=Qu43YOFd97rQ8Q-1qLVQ&bih=470&biw=1067&client=firefox-b-1-d
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:36:03 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1