Make a donation

Author Topic: How many have been effected by headliner sagging?  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 21
Re: How many have been effected by headliner sagging?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 10:17:14 am »
I have this on my 2008.  Colour dark blue, sits outside in the sun (when we have it).
Good thread! I will try repairing by removeing sunglasses holder.

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 534
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2021, 11:30:53 am »
Black sunroof model, 07, 151K miles, no sagging.  I've even scrubbed it several times over the years with carpet cleaner and still not dropping.  A very strange and sporadic problem indeed.

2007 ED30 | Ohlins Coilovers | Revo Map | Plus some other stuff | Is all a GTI needs :-)

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2021, 11:32:44 am »
Mines a 05 playe with 105k miles. No sagging at all.

Offline Crazyhorn

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2021, 05:35:55 am »
Mines an 06 and my whole headliner has sagged worse than my grandmas boobs.
Looking at a complete removal of the headliner and reupholster in its entirety. I’m looking at putting in a nice red velvet.
My door fabric is also going through the same issue. So I’ll get that done in red velvet too

Offline GreigC

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2021, 05:02:50 pm »
Looking at a complete removal of the headliner and reupholster in its entirety. I’m looking at putting in a nice red velvet.
My door fabric is also going through the same issue. So I’ll get that done in red velvet too

Made me laugh so much 🤣

Offline amanda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2021, 12:01:38 am »

Made me laugh so much 🤣

Omg a tarts handbag interior!!!!!
Some one needs shooting :P

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 534
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 02:32:16 am »
Needs some chintzy vajazzle dangley faux crystal Victoria Beckham designed dangley bits to go with it  :happy2:

Out of general public interest, I asked VW how much for a new 3 door, black, sunroof headliner........ £980+VAT.

Nice, I'll take 3 please.  Along with £450 for a new ED30 manual gear knob/gaiter and £650 for a new ED30 non multi-function steering wheel.

So cheap.  Who needs a Skoda with such cheap pricing?

Oh you want a quote for a new ED30 seat sir?  Well, we don't sell complete seats.  It'll be £800 for the upper leather/heated cloth cover, £150 for the foam bolsters, £600 for the base cloth/leather and £500 for the frame.

As the parts guy said to me........"VW would rather bury this crap in a hole than sell it at a discount to loyal customers"

Anything interior, they "f*ck you at the drive through" (who knows that film quote?) but anything big and metal, yeah we can do 40% off that gearbox......the mind boggles.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:40:59 am by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | Ohlins Coilovers | Revo Map | Plus some other stuff | Is all a GTI needs :-)

Offline amanda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 09:05:44 am »
Needs some chintzy vajazzle dangley faux crystal Victoria Beckham designed dangley bits to go with it  :happy2:

Out of general public interest, I asked VW how much for a new 3 door, black, sunroof headliner........ £980+VAT.

Nice, I'll take 3 please.  Along with £450 for a new ED30 manual gear knob/gaiter and £650 for a new ED30 non multi-function steering wheel.

So cheap.  Who needs a Skoda with such cheap pricing?

Oh you want a quote for a new ED30 seat sir?  Well, we don't sell complete seats.  It'll be £800 for the upper leather/heated cloth cover, £150 for the foam bolsters, £600 for the base cloth/leather and £500 for the frame.

As the parts guy said to me........"VW would rather bury this crap in a hole than sell it at a discount to loyal customers"

Anything interior, they "f*ck you at the drive through" (who knows that film quote?) but anything big and metal, yeah we can do 40% off that gearbox......the mind boggles.

Vw (and audi)have a heritage dept in germany run by a guy called Steffen
shops.audi.com
They stock genuine Vw parts and can price competitively as sorts.......I have spoken to him a few times years ago. So I cannot confirm this is up to date info as I am no longer active on any of the audi forums but I do know that both Tps and Vw Uk will give a discount if you request heritage parts BUT that’s if you persuade them too
Problem we also have is at the mo they won’t ship to Uk due to brexit but I believe they are working on it