Make a donation

Author Topic: Knocking noise when pulling away in 1st  (Read 3398 times)

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: Knocking noise when pulling away in 1st
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 06:03:08 pm »
I have not experienced this issue myself, I have only read low speed - how would you hear it at higher speeds?

I planned to remove the potential of that problem when I rebuilt my front suspension,
New bolts for the subframe - sourced the recommended full length threaded replacement bolts
Mine is a late 2006 DSG, subframe looked like it had never been off - turned out mine already had full threaded bolts, not the waisted type that stretches - I am thinking the stretchy bolts were on early cars but have no evidence.

Offline Havelin150

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 07:29:38 am »
**SOLVED**

Thanks everyone for their help and suggestions. After installing the sub frame spacer kit, I was still having the knock. After expecting the worst it turned out to be the heat shield for my induction Kit rattling on the wiring connector behind the headlight. Cable tie to the rescue and all sorted. Silly me 👍

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 11:51:48 am »
I had a similar thing with the heat shield rattling on a plug only happened when I was in reverse it took me a while to figure it out I thought my engine/gearbox was about to die  :signLOL: