Make a donation

Author Topic: Air con fault  (Read 749 times)

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 7
Air con fault
« on: April 27, 2021, 02:27:17 pm »
Hi all,

My air con has seemingly packed up just in time for the summer. There was a really bad smell in the car this morning (not me for a change) and after trying the air con this afternoon it's not blowing cold. Have the following code

What's the best way to test the compressor, should I be able to hear it kicking in? Any other checks I can do at all?

I did have the thermostat replaced the other day, are they in the same vicinity? (Long shot but something may have been knocked/not replaced properly etc.)

Thanks

Offline Patrick2691

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Air con fault
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 02:28:50 pm »
I have the same code on mine (recently purchased) that had a new compressor fitted. Be interesting to know what diagnostic measures there are.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 06:56:10 pm »
I have the same code on mine (recently purchased) that had a new compressor fitted. Be interesting to know what diagnostic measures there are.

Hi, are you certain it had a new compressor fitted?

What symptoms do you have, is it simply no cold air? Have you done any checks e.g leak test

Offline Patrick2691

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 07:08:28 pm »
Yeah can see it in the engine bay, no aircon. Haven't had time to get a multimeter on it yet or check with vagcom what the measuring blocks are.