Make a donation

Author Topic: Back again with some issues!  (Read 798 times)

Offline Patrick2691

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Back again with some issues!
« on: April 18, 2021, 03:30:19 pm »
Hi guys,

Was a member on here about 5 years ago and just re joined as I've bought another Gti after having to part with mine a few years ago to fund house projects.

Well, I've ended up with a £2500 5 door tornado red with dsg. For the price it's pretty sound, an oil leak from the vacuum pump, a rusty drivers sill and needing a new thermostat but apart from that drives great and vagcom says no issues

One thing I'm trying to rectify is the passenger door handle blank is loose, I've taken off the side panel and the sticker (already removed) to look for the Allen bolt to tighten..... But it's not there! What does this screw into? As I'm clearly going to need another of whatever that is? I've looked at the handle assembly replacement guide but can't see this part.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Back again with some issues!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 06:47:25 pm »
Welcome back

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Back again with some issues!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 07:37:42 pm »
You mean the T20 Torx? If its not there then someone has unscrewed it previously well beyond the 12 turns to pull out the blank. Can you pull the bank out fully away from the car?
If you can then I'm afraid your gonna have to remove the door skin completely and replace the door handle mechanism. 1K0837886A

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=52585.0

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 07:40:27 pm by DBXdarkangel »