Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG conversion  (Read 6125 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: DSG conversion
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 07:22:38 pm »
@alleks Yeah I changed my mind  :grin:

I was all up for it initially until I discovered you need a DSG specific engine ECU (for the kick-down and ignition retard on gearshifts), or a remap/rewire at the very least, which would then mean re-coding for keys/immobiliser and all that BS, which you can only do with VW ODIS or some fudge pants emulator nonsense I don't have.

Baaaaah, I haven't got time for all that. Not trumpet blowing but I'm an NHS key worker and the car has to be 100% available, and 100% reliable so I sacked it off and just stuck a new gearbox and clutch/dmf in  :grin:

It's a bit of a conundrum really because the easiest option would be to sell the manual and buy a DSG, but what if you end up with a shed and the manual was mint?  A mint manual is probably worth the effort converting to DSG, but then again, the cost in doing so could also buy a decent DSG.  See where I'm coming from?  :smiley:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Saeed_GT

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 03:57:27 pm »
I've converted mine mk5 from 6speed manuel tp DSG6 some months back.

ECU that comes from DSG car
DSG gear shifter mechanism
DSG gear know
Brake pedal
Brake sensor
Kickdown for throttle pedal
DSG gearbox
DSG gearbox harness
some new wires added from old central harness to engine bay from CECM (Or BCM if you have converted like I did)
coolant/oil hoses along with new joint pieces
Starter engine
Flywheel

Then you need new steering electronic if you want shiftpaddles and also other steering wheel with paddles of curse.

Also depending what your your car is and which year your DSG box is you might need other drive shafts for front wheels

I did get my dsg box flushed, new clutch pack, new oil, checked the mechatronic , new starter motor, new flywheel upon the conversion since all was taken apart anyway :)

Hi there bro I was just wondering where can I buy the loom from and how do you
Wire it in

Offline Saeed_GT

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 03:57:54 pm »
I've converted mine mk5 from 6speed manuel tp DSG6 some months back.

ECU that comes from DSG car
DSG gear shifter mechanism
DSG gear know
Brake pedal
Brake sensor
Kickdown for throttle pedal
DSG gearbox
DSG gearbox harness
some new wires added from old central harness to engine bay from CECM (Or BCM if you have converted like I did)
coolant/oil hoses along with new joint pieces
Starter engine
Flywheel

Then you need new steering electronic if you want shiftpaddles and also other steering wheel with paddles of curse.

Also depending what your your car is and which year your DSG box is you might need other drive shafts for front wheels

I did get my dsg box flushed, new clutch pack, new oil, checked the mechatronic , new starter motor, new flywheel upon the conversion since all was taken apart anyway :)

Hi there bro I was just wondering where can I buy the loom from and how do you
Wire it in