Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG Won’t shift past 2Nd  (Read 1134 times)

Offline SamadM95

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
DSG Won’t shift past 2Nd
« on: April 26, 2021, 01:11:59 am »
Hi guys, new to this thread, just purchased my first GTI mk5 that needs some work. Hopefully can get some help or what to look for. Got a problem with the DSG or I think. Putting foot down and DSG won’t go past 2nd gear and engine management light flashing, unless I let go of throttle only then will it change. Paddles work completely fine and normal driving, gear changes are perfect. It’s had recent DSG service from previous owner. Stumped on this but I’ve been told it could be speed sensors or some mechanical issue with fuel pump? It has a map on there but previous owner brought it like that, if that helps  🤔🤔

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
Re: DSG Won’t shift past 2Nd
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 05:18:08 pm »
So it will shift manually past 2nd - just not in auto?
Get it scanned for fault codes
Hope you got it cheap

Offline MKMike

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 06:59:40 pm »
Hi guys, new to this thread, just purchased my first GTI mk5 that needs some work. Hopefully can get some help or what to look for. Got a problem with the DSG or I think. Putting foot down and DSG won’t go past 2nd gear and engine management light flashing, unless I let go of throttle only then will it change. Paddles work completely fine and normal driving, gear changes are perfect. It’s had recent DSG service from previous owner. Stumped on this but I’ve been told it could be speed sensors or some mechanical issue with fuel pump? It has a map on there but previous owner brought it like that, if that helps  🤔🤔
is that both in D and S modes?

Offline SamadM95

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 01:46:35 am »
Yeah both modes. Had it scanned today, it says all cylinders misfiring. It’s had r8 coilpacks and new spark plugs put in recently by previous owner.. It is stage 1. I was told it could be because the DSG isn’t flashed maybe? Would it be worth replacing coilpacks and spark plugs again.