Make a donation

Author Topic: Bumps cause Interior lights to flash when driving  (Read 618 times)

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qt2gdljmfa0slpn6kbi78ebvkf&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
Bumps cause Interior lights to flash when driving
« on: May 10, 2021, 07:30:07 pm »
HI

The wife has reported that the interior lights flash when you hit a bump (they are in the off position not on door open)

I banged the headliner a few weeks ago and i made a flash.
Then i disconnected and reconnected the main wire that plugs into the headliner lighting area.
I thought i had fixed it but obviously not, The wife informed me that i should fix it  :slap: as it will run the battery out  :rolleye:  :signLOL: :doh:

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 35
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
Re: Bumps cause Interior lights to flash when driving
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 07:47:53 pm »
The common sense approach would be to leave it until the battery does run out :thinking:
Or say the car has major electrical faults and needs replacing :drinking:

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qt2gdljmfa0slpn6kbi78ebvkf&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:58:57 pm »
The common sense approach would be to leave it until the battery does run out :thinking:
Or say the car has major electrical faults and needs replacing :drinking:

She also reversed into the neighbours car last week, it was his fault as no one usually parks that close. I now have to pay to have his bumper repaired.
The golf was in good nick until the wife started driving it. I don't let it upset me anymore. Id love to have that as my daily. :sick:

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 35
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 08:14:30 pm »
I hit my drive wall after living there for 12 yrs  :rolleye: In my defense I was reversing :grin: :grin: