Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge Twintercooler  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Hypertuned

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Forge Twintercooler
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 10:11:22 am »
Hoses look pre-loved - where was this kit sourced - are you sure it is a Golf one?
It was brand new from Forge, defo for the mk5 golf
Have Forge Motorsports dropped the ball on their products or were you unlucky & got a bad batch of pipes?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I'm going to be honest... i think the company who fitted them didn't have a clue what they were doing... i've got my car back and the day after on my second drive, which was 20 minutes (and didn't once put my foot down because it was bad weather yesterday)... the "STOP Low Coolant" light came on... looked under the car and it's literally just pouring out... my front bumper is also not sat correctly and all the clips are broken... :( i am very disappointed with it all:( i've looked after my car inside and out and then a company who i put my trust in has clearly not cared...
Hate it when that happens...way too many cowboy mechanics these days!

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2021, 10:56:19 am »
Hoses look pre-loved - where was this kit sourced - are you sure it is a Golf one?
Have Forge Motorsports dropped the ball on their products or were you unlucky & got a bad batch of pipes?

I'm going to be honest... i think the company who fitted them didn't have a clue what they were doing... i've got my car back and the day after on my second drive, which was 20 minutes (and didn't once put my foot down because it was bad weather yesterday)... the "STOP Low Coolant" light came on... looked under the car and it's literally just pouring out... my front bumper is also not sat correctly and all the clips are broken... :( i am very disappointed with it all:( i've looked after my car inside and out and then a company who i put my trust in has clearly not cared...

I know that's annoying but you can fix those things yourself if you have axle stands and a jack.

This shows how to remove the bumper

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Golf_GTI_Mk_V/21-BODY-Front_Bumper_Removal/21-BODY-Front_Bumper_Removal.htm

Offline Bradley Torrance

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2021, 10:58:26 am »

Definitely!!!
Bradley Torrance

Offline Bradley Torrance

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2021, 10:59:40 am »

I know that's annoying but you can fix those things yourself if you have axle stands and a jack.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volkswagen_Golf_GTI_Mk_V/21-BODY-Front_Bumper_Removal/21-BODY-Front_Bumper_Removal.htm

Thank you mate appreciate it! i know how to take the bumper off already but it's just frustrating that they've broken clips and stuff and not even told me and given it back to me like that
Bradley Torrance

Offline Hypertuned

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 11:12:16 am »

Thank you mate appreciate it! i know how to take the bumper off already but it's just frustrating that they've broken clips and stuff and not even told me and given it back to me like that
Bloody annoying. Pay them to do a job, then have to pay again to have the same work put right. PITA!