Make a donation

Author Topic: Help please fuel problems  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Smurf500

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Help please fuel problems
« on: May 16, 2021, 11:59:51 am »
Before I scrap the car,2007 2l tdi,runs for about 2 seconds then dies.been to our local garage no fault codes at all,ecu has been sent away and checked.and showing no alarm faults.
Car starts runs for about 2 seconds then dies,but it’s instant.like the fuel has just been stopped,and you can do this all day long if you wanted.
Electric fan is on and won’t switch off
My thoughts are it’s something electrical
Anybody point me in the right direction please

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
Re: Help please fuel problems
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 01:01:02 pm »
Haven’t got a clue but the Immobiliser will let the car start for a few seconds then kill the car how you describe so could be something to do with that at a guess.

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 02:19:17 pm »
Have you had the clocks out? I remember when I had my A3 Turbo, I took the clocks out and didn't fully click in the connectors at the back and it did the same thing as you described. I refitted them and it was perfectly fine after that. Just a thought

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 03:42:09 pm »
Sounds so much like immobiliser - 2 seconds is just enough to raise your hopes.
Are you getting the immobiliser light with key ignition?

Offline Matt R

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 05:26:08 pm »
Hi, I just registered on here after browsing as a guest, I just had a problem on my o6 GTi, it displayed the same symptoms, it was the can gateway, when I opened it up it was green inside, got a second hand one from a mate of mine who is a VW breaker, it came from a late S3, plugged it in and the car started straight up and has been fine ever since, it's an easy job and gateways are cheap, it would need coding to work correctly with your vehicle options but the car will start without the coding if this is your fault.

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 05:42:29 pm »
Get someone with VCDS to run the fuel tank primary pump and check the discharge at the fuel filter.

Or this if your that way given

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ESK-qGVZQyg

In a nut shell on your diesel this is the pump you should hear when you turn your ignition key to position two as it primes and pressurises the fuel system.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hTNWo3E4nE
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 05:45:19 pm by doylebros »

Offline Smurf500

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 06:56:16 pm »
Thanks for the help,no I’m not getting the immobiliser light or faults,when it turns over or starts,this is what through our garage

Offline Smurf500

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 09:03:37 am »
Hi, I just registered on here after browsing as a guest, I just had a problem on my o6 GTi, it displayed the same symptoms, it was the can gateway, when I opened it up it was green inside, got a second hand one from a mate of mine who is a VW breaker, it came from a late S3, plugged it in and the car started straight up and has been fine ever since, it's an easy job and gateways are cheap, it would need coding to work correctly with your vehicle options but the car will start without the coding if this is your fault.

Thank you Matt,got a can gateway off of eBay,fitted it this morning,and she started.thank you to everyone who posted on my thread

Offline Jb55

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 01:44:32 pm »
Great news @Smurf500