Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Edition 30 Heated Seat  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Foreegly

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Mk5 Edition 30 Heated Seat
« on: May 30, 2021, 10:36:12 am »
Hi guys,

I have just bought the edition 30 half leather heated seats with electric lumbar support for my normal MK5 Golf GTI 2006.

Unfortunately the breaker who had them in the car put the lumbar support all the way out on the drivers side, so it’s just constantly digging into my back and I have no way of sorting it without doing the heated seat wiring loom.

It turns out the airbag plugs on these seats are different to the cloth tartan and the full leathers, I really need some help ordering the correct wiring loom from Kufatec,  does anyone know which one?

Thank you in advance guys :happy2:

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Mk5 Edition 30 Heated Seat
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 08:37:41 pm »
You will need to order the year of the new seat (not the year of your car) so the plug matches. Since it’s an edition 30 it will likely be a 2007 or 08. And then order the electric lumber version.  There are about 3 versions of it I recall. 1 just for heating element, 1 for heating and electric lumber and then 1 for heating, lumber and electric movement.

Not sure if you have read the how to on here but note that the Kufatec wiring harness is for left hand drive cars so a bit of cutting and splicing will be needed to make it work. I did mine a couple of years back and ended up routing as if it was a left hand drive car (ie up the passenger side) and extended the 3 or so cables to the back of the dash and to the fuse box to the right hand side of the steering wheel. If you need a hand give us a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Foreegly

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Re: Mk5 Edition 30 Heated Seat
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 10:00:48 pm »
Thanks Fakie

I’ll get that ordered, I read the how-to on here, really detailed, I saw it was around 12 hours and it sounded like he knew his stuff, I’m good with all things mechanical but I’m terrible with wiring but I’ll give it a whirl!

Thanks for the help so far.

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 10:28:04 am »
If I recall, lumbar is powered via a direct 12v feed so you can temporarily wire it up in the meantime with something like a piggyback fuse to have it powered and moved into a more comfortable position for you.

The kufatec loom won’t have anything to do with airbag connections though.

Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Foreegly

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 11:22:32 am »
Hi again guys

Sorry it I seem stupid, I just want to make sure it is right, but looking at the loom on Kufatec you click the heated seat wiring harness and it then gives you a bunch of options, the one I need will be 07 onwards having the ed30 seats but it is not clear as to which is the lumbar support, one is clearly just heated on its own, another says with seat adjustment, another with memory and another says with memory and seat adjustment. I assume “seat adjustment” is the lumbar ?

Thanks

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 10:47:07 pm »
Hopefully the lumbar isn't stuck in that position.  Mine is stuck in the fully retracted position, and I need more lumbar.  Wanna swap?  :grin:

I can hear the motor buzzing when operating the switch, but no movement.

Can't you get the looms from the same car at the breakers?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D