Make a donation

Author Topic: Brake lines choice  (Read 3274 times)

Offline fuscobal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 27
Brake lines choice
« on: March 27, 2010, 08:14:57 am »
Since I now have front & rear R32/S3 brakes and the trip to Nurburgring is getting closer, I'm in the search for some good stainless steel brake lines. There are several offers in the market, the ones that I found at a quick search being :

- ECS tuning > http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-R32_MKV--3.2/Braking/Lines/ES248974/ for 99$

- USP motorsports > http://uspmotorsports.com/index.php?cPath=26_360_113_301 for 99$

- Neuspeed > http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_10_10461_10486_10490 for 154$

- Goodridge > http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/goodridgehoses.htm for 72 liras but can be found cheaper on E-bay

Among them the most expensive would be Neuspeed followed by the others. In Neuspeed better than the others in any way ? Also, on the Goodridge specs it says "fronts and mids only, not rears". What do they mean by mids and why don't they also manufacture rear brake lines ?
Mk5 GTI 6MT - Revo stage 3

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: Brake lines choice
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:59:38 am »
How about Hel brakelines, i believe a member here is a part of the Hel team. Vdubtek or Dubtek i think he's called, excellent brakelines IMO and would be my choice  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 09:51:01 am »
You should have said, got custom sets here could have put them in with rears!!!.

The standard HEL lines  only have one mid line fitting, we spec them with the same mid line fitting but another one to fit into the R32 caliper using the OEM clips.

I used to Buy 30 sets of Goodridge hoses a month - moved to HEL 3 months ago and never looked back simply the finest hoses available Teflon lined as opposed to PTFE.

PM me if you need some - I wouldn't bother with the rears though they're only about 5" long

Offline fuscobal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 12:25:08 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. I will go with HEL then. The shipping adress would be the same Dave. Please tell me on PM the price including transport and I'll make the payment monday through pay-pal :)

BTW : The rears just came. The paint looks awesome. Thanks !

looking at the OEM brake lines, I see one hose in front (longer) and one in rear (very short). Where does this mid line go ?

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 03:50:48 pm »
I've got USPs on the way, package left yesterday. The real price is much better than the one from website.
They should be here in one week, so you can see them ;).

I also bought this: http://uspmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_357_40_46_287&products_id=475
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline Dubtek

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:58:38 am »
Shame you went for lines with inferior plated mild steel fittings....they wont last anywhere near as long as stainless ones will. And do the USP ones come with a lifetime warranty? As ours  (HEL) and Goodridge both do thats all. Piece of mind that should anything ever need replacing, you'll have replacements the next day.

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 07:40:34 pm »
I got them because they came as a very good offer. Since right now I have the stock S3 lines I thought these must be anyways better. If they proove to be not so good then I'll just buy something else, like Hel, for example. Anyway when I ordered them I didn't know abt this brand.
I will see how Fuscobal's wil be against these.

Btw how much are the Hels?
4x4-O2 RS REVO stg 3 - 370HP-K04 turbo-Haldex controller-Autotech HPFP-S3 injectors-NGK sparks-RS4 FPR Valve-EVOMS CAI-S3 FMIC+Forge Twintercooler & Actuator-USP fluidampr-custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust-KW coilover kit V1-S3 brakes front/rear + TAROX F2000 discs-LOBA-Sachs stg 2-VF Mounts-BSH PCV revamp-Forge short shifter-W.A.L.K.-H&R AntiRollBar kit + BSH end links -Team Dynamics ProRace 1.21 8x8J Anthracite/White

Offline Dubtek

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:16:09 pm »
£59.95 for a full kit of 4 lines, fully stainless with a choice of 19 coloured outer protective sleeves, and a lifetime warranty.  :happy2:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 10:40:08 am »
£59.95 for a full kit of 4 lines, fully stainless with a choice of 19 coloured outer protective sleeves, and a lifetime warranty.  :happy2:

i rate these :) got my set

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline fuscobal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 05:58:40 pm »
Hmmm, weird. I only have the 2 longer lines, not 4. I received them today !

Offline Bogdanbd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 09:24:01 pm »
The small ones are for the rear brakes.