Make a donation

Author Topic: Fuel Pump Relay Proble (Can't locate)  (Read 484 times)

Offline wannaseemdead

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Fuel Pump Relay Proble (Can't locate)
« on: June 04, 2021, 10:45:45 am »
Hello everyone,
just before I start I want you to know that I have a 2.0 FSI, its a non-turbo but assuming it has the same engine as a GTI except that it doesn't have a turbo.
Now the problem is that I experience starting problems, the car would crank and sometimes start for 2 seconds of rough idle and die. I've noticed that the fuel pump doesn't engage sometimes and the car will start and work perfectly whenever I hear the buzz from the fuel pump.

Now I've watched a load of youtube videos on relay locations for my car, and I just can't locate the fuel pump relay for my car. It's not in the fuse box in the engine bay, neither beneath the dash.

I only have the main relay carrier, but not the second one which is suppose to be above it, which would have the fuel pump.

The first image is a picture of my car. As you can see, in comparison to the second image I am just missing the top one which would have the fuel pump relay.

Any ideas?

Offline FJB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Fuel Pump Relay Proble (Can't locate)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 11:44:28 am »
The GTI has a fuel pump controller, it is under the back seat and is in the black plastic cover above the fuel pump.