Make a donation

Author Topic: Ebay Front Grill  (Read 934 times)

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
Ebay Front Grill
« on: June 16, 2021, 09:18:07 pm »
Anyone on here purchased a replacement main front grill off ebay?

I've read of a few dodgy gloss black ones but the following look like pretty good versions of the original:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254129990386

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384218311925

On mine I need to respray the grill black, and do the red stripe on mine, also need a new GTI badge. I'm thinking it might be easier just to grab one of the above.

People have left positive feedback for these on the seller profiles so I'm thinking of giving them a shot for the price.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Re: Ebay Front Grill
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 09:30:38 pm »
I've just bought a smooth grill from Underground parts not via Ebay but think have have an Ebay shop.
Fitted it the other day and it went on ok. There is a very slight defect, slight ripple on a small part wheich I only noticed when I'd nearly finished putting some wax on it. They said i could return for a refund if unused but decided to keep it.
Put some Gtechnics c4 on the unpainted bits to keep them looking fresh for longer.
No pics tho as the the rest of the car looks.... :rolleye:

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 09:42:01 pm »
I bought the £37 I think after a recommendation on here. No issues with fitting etc. but which bit is not meant to be gloss?

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 11:16:08 pm »
I bought the £37 I think after a recommendation on here. No issues with fitting etc. but which bit is not meant to be gloss?

Will have to check on my car, but I believe the honeycomb part is meant to be matt finish, but the part below the red stripe is gloss.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 01:53:36 pm »

Will have to check on my car, but I believe the honeycomb part is meant to be matt finish, but the part below the red stripe is gloss.

Yes.

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 12:46:37 pm »
I bought the cheap replacement that looks the same. Fitment not quite as good where the clips attach at the top but otherwise can't complain.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 12:43:26 am »
I tossed my ebay one straight into the wheelie bin.  It was garbage.  It needed too much fettling to fit properly, and it just looked cheesy and fake.

Nothing compares to OEM.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D