Make a donation

Author Topic: S3 Injector upgrade - will they work on standard map  (Read 1972 times)

Offline 8lytton

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
S3 Injector upgrade - will they work on standard map
« on: June 20, 2021, 02:09:20 pm »
My standard 2005 Mk5 GTi has just had the engine rebuilt - due to pistons and valve contact - long story !

I have decided to add a K04 Turbo before the engine is put back in. So it can be remapped later for gains.

Also I have a set of refurbished S3 injectors (also same as those in Edition 30 GTi).

My question is ..... does anyone know if the engine will run on on the standard map with these mods installed ?

I will obviously take the car to get it remapped for the mods but the priority is to get the engine in and running first.

Any views welcome ? Thks

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: S3 Injector upgrade - will they work on standard map
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 02:11:23 am »
Yep it will be fine.

If you want an engine safe ride to the mapper, disconnect the N75 boost control valve and that will limit you to approx 8psi.

When you get to the mapper, just reconnect it.

As you are going K04, it might be worth getting hold of a K04 200 bar fuel pressure sensor to have on standby.  The standard K03 130-140 bar one is fine in most cases with competent mappers, but some tuners insist on the 200 bar one.....but all it really boils down to is their ability to recalibrate the sensor scaling accordingly.  It's a bit of a controversial point with K04 conversions because some BYD/CDL engines use a 200 bar sensor, but all that comes down to is the 2 flavours of sensor available from Bosch at the time.  Your engine will never see over 140 bar, so it's a moot point.  Why VAG even fitted a 200 bar sensor in the first place on K04s is a mystery, but there you go.  Either sensor will work fine on the conversion.

You might also want upgraded HPFP internals otherwise the midrange torque might suffer a bit.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:18:13 am by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D