Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello - New GTi, future classic?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline JoshB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
Hello - New GTi, future classic?
« on: July 04, 2021, 03:04:56 pm »
Hello all,

I’ve just become the proud owner of this 55 plate GTi.

After years of company car ownership I finally got fed of up of rewarding the tax man with my “benefit”, so I opted out in November 2019 and bought my own car. I wanted something sporty but practical so opted for a Mk3 Audi TT TSi Quattro, little did I know there was about to be a global pandemic which would affectively make my car redundant..... It was nice enough but lacked charm, I always looked at it on the drive and just was never truly happy with it. So the other weekend I flogged it and started the hunt.

I’ve gone from doing 25000 miles a year to about 500 so I wasn’t bothered about anything particularly new/reliable/comfy and went through loads and loads of cars, but kept coming back to this Golf GTi... There’s just something about it...
I actually had a Mk7 GTi in 2013 for 3 years as a company car (so no modding allowed unfortunately) and enjoyed it without being truly drawn to it.

But this Mk5 is lovely. It really takes me back to feel like I’m actually driving again, like I’m the one in charge. The steering is still numb but the chassis really talks.

It’s only had one previous owner, done 72000 miles and has a full service history from the same VW dealer in Leeds.
I plan to keep it as standard and as low mileage as possible and just keep it a well maintained, original example. Hopefully it might be worth something in the near future.
Getting too old for this...

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
Re: Hello - New GTi, future classic?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 07:19:39 pm »
Very nice example,  well worth looking after.   :congrats:

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 61
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
Re: Hello - New GTi, future classic?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 09:47:14 am »
As said in your members thread can't fault a silver Mk5.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk