Make a donation

Author Topic: Black Pirelli DSG  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Twistedandy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Black Pirelli DSG
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 04:58:07 pm »
Got the reverse camera all installed now, makes a huge difference in my opinion as I’m used to having one to ensure safety when reversing. My driving is bad enough going forward never mind about the reverse gear.

2009 Black Pirelli DSG

Offline Caretaker

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2021, 11:04:35 pm »
Nice little mod that reversing camera..

Offline Twistedandy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
Dud shark fin - removal advice please.
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2021, 08:03:20 pm »
Thank you, looking to improve the DAB reception next. My thoughts were to replace the roof mounted shark fin. I felt through the head lining beneath the shark fin and couldn’t feel a nut/wires/fixings - I am now presuming that the shark fin is a dud, for show only - why would someone do that and more to the point - how did they stick it on and is the paintwork likely to be damaged under the gasket…?

The rear screen has vertical copper lines so I’m presuming the FM radio antenna is in the hatchback. I have fitted a splitter at the head unit for DAB but it’s no good as there’s too many drop-outs to even have a usable radio.

Anyone come across a dud shark fin? How did you manage to remove it ? Advice appreciated
2009 Black Pirelli DSG

Offline RayRoocroft55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2021, 10:42:17 am »
I cant say for 100% certainty but ive viewed many a video of people removing their c pillar trim and slightly peeling back their headlining to reveal the fixings underneath/inside the car, i think they found this as the easiest method (and least disruptive/chance for damage to the headlining).

Offline Golf_is_not_a_sport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2021, 10:51:11 am »
Got the reverse camera all installed now, makes a huge difference in my opinion as I’m used to having one to ensure safety when reversing. My driving is bad enough going forward never mind about the reverse gear.

Out of interest, what screen is this? Not sure i've seen it before..

Offline Twistedandy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2021, 12:28:11 pm »
Screen is an Xtrons android head unit.
2009 Black Pirelli DSG

Offline Twistedandy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
DAB Antenna
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 01:41:28 pm »
Used some time off to remove the old shark fin, it was screwed in…..but there was nothing attached to it, not a sausage…..the FM was running off the VW aerial in the hatch back. Took the shark fin off leaving a square hole. Used a hole cutter to make a new round 20mm hole for an eightwood antenna. DAB comes through well now with no drop-outs so entirely useable now.

2009 Black Pirelli DSG

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2022, 01:38:02 pm »
That DAB aerial looks like the ebay special I fitted to mine - except mine didn't have a name! - I have to say it has really good DAB reception, only drops out in very rural valleys.

Offline Twistedandy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2022, 08:07:56 pm »
Amazon rather than EBAY, eigthwood brand, very good and can get spares if someone takes to antenna…as happened to my daughters Golf GT 140….bloody students…😀
2009 Black Pirelli DSG