Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS510 Mute Problem  (Read 921 times)

Offline cambjones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
RNS510 Mute Problem
« on: July 26, 2021, 05:18:13 pm »
Hi there, I have a RNS510 Nav Radio on a 2008 Mk5 GTI I purchased about 3 years ago.

For some reason now after about 5 minutes of working fine it seems to mute itself. The little 'crossed out speaker' icon displays in the top left.

When the radio is working normally and I press the phone button it mutes and the little icon shows up. When it's working and I press the phone button it unmutes... when it's not working nothing I can do will unmute it.

I've tried factory reset, I've tried taking it out and putting it back in, I've tried the <> & i* reset process... nothing seems to fix this issue.

Has anyone else had the same issue and successfully fixed it. The garage where I get it serviced said it might be easier to buy a new one.. so I did that, purchased a RCD510 via someone on ebay.. it plugs in but does not work.. so I want to try and fix this RNS510 if I can.... otherwise I have to then try to find another replacement, and that seems like a mind field with the potential battery drain issues.

I've search on various forums but not been able to find anything yet...

Hope someone has solved this before.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
Re: RNS510 Mute Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 07:40:07 pm »
out of curiosity do you have a multi function steering wheel?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline cambjones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: RNS510 Mute Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 08:14:29 pm »
Hi Bacillus, nope just a standard steering wheel.