Make a donation

Author Topic: New Pirelli owner!  (Read 800 times)

Offline Malcolmgt

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
New Pirelli owner!
« on: July 27, 2021, 09:21:19 pm »
Picked up my edition 30 Pirelli today. Had a stage 1 Gti before and it doesn’t seem much slower which was a surprise. DSG is good.

What sports cats do people recommend and where do you get yours? Don’t fancy just an eBay special if they are awful.

Thinking stage 1 but may go stage 2. 😂.

Offline chimp400

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: New Pirelli owner!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 09:47:17 am »
Have a look here, very nice quality systems popular with Mk 5 owners.
https://www.powervalve.co.uk/

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:31:06 pm »
That isn't really a surprise as a lot of standard K04 engines put down more than the factory quoted 230ps, especially over winter :happy2:

Stick with stage 1.  The (diminishing) returns from Stage 2 and above don't justify the cost of the supporting hardware in my experience.  Put the money into handling and braking instead.

Sports cats are crap unless they are massive, most barely scrape through the MOT in year 1 and 2, and then just flat out fail.  Nothing compares to the OEM cats in terms of MOT passing, unless you know some dodgy back street garage who will stick the O2 probe up a 1.0 Fiesta's pipe instead of your car's for that part of the test  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Malcolmgt

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 06:09:01 pm »
Thanks both, appreciate it.

May be a stupid question but should there be a ED30 specific induction kit as most I see have a pipe down to the front of the engine where as the normal GTI Just go over the back of the engine to the side?