Make a donation

Author Topic: Differences in HPFP revisions  (Read 9170 times)

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
Re: Differences in HPFP revisions
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 10:50:15 pm »
Mk5golfgti.co.uk rocks!!

Big up, and much respect to ROH ECHT and fab5freddy  :happy2: :wink:

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 11:00:48 pm »
Mk5golfgti.co.uk rocks!!

Big up, and much respect to ROH ECHT and fab5freddy  :happy2: :wink:
  :jumping:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 05:41:00 am »
That pressure regulator, as well as the fittings on the bottom, that are not sold separate from the hpfp is why I continue to pop into my VW shop and collect all their used hpfp's. Senseless having to buy the complete pump for one attached item, right? 

I was happy to help out...and I do appreciate the shipping being covered by Atreah (SP  :happy2: ) :drinking:

Happy it's working as my only concern was it being a different revision...and could the limiting valve be changed from one revision to the next? I haven't been able to find where the reason for revisions to VW parts are kept...yet.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:07:45 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Atreah

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 09:23:04 am »
That pressure regulator, as well as the fittings on the bottom, that are not sold separate from the hpfp is why I continue to pop into my VW shop and collect all their used hpfp's. Senseless having to buy the complete pump for one attached item, right? 

I was happy to help out...and I do appreciate the shipping being covered by Atreah (SP  :happy2: ) :drinking:

Happy it's working as my only concern was it being a different revision...and could the limiting valve be changed from one revision to the next. I haven't been able to find where the reason for revisions to VW parts are kept...yet.

Ofc, I wouldn't want it any other way, other than me covering the shipping!

But yeah, the reason as to why you can't buy this item separately remains a mystery to me. Meanwhile, they'll happily sell you the bottom HPFP sensor. I mean, I know they're two different things, but heck, it doesn't look like there are any compatibility issues that would make the production of these as a spare part an impossible feat, even if there is more than one revision. I guess it's just "meant" to be this way.

Offline samr7695

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2021, 08:53:00 am »

Happy it's working as my only concern was it being a different revision...and could the limiting valve be changed from one revision to the next? I haven't been able to find where the reason for revisions to VW parts are kept...yet.
You still collecting them I can't find one to buy anywhere

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk