Make a donation

Author Topic: Apr system on the bay  (Read 19526 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Apr system on the bay
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 02:54:16 pm »
cohiba has the full apr system and its ALOT louder than milltek.

How long has he had it, and are the pipes showing any corrosion?
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 03:01:46 pm »
its brand new, he went to awesome and got the apr stg2, apr cooler, apr hpfp, and some other apr stuff i think.  all in the same day   :drool:

it was very loud last week thow, and when following him on friday.  only when pressing on thow :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 03:14:21 pm »
Im pretty sure that the item on fleabay isnt the new RSC cat back - they would be promoting this for sure.

Maybe the new RSC system tackles this issue of corrosion that you speak of T_T. Dont know though! By corrosion do you mean the discolouring on the pipes in the fleabay picture to a more copper colour??? My stock system that came off had this all over, plus some black patches - which the guy who fitted it told me were areas where the exhaust was blowing.

I'll take a look at my APR after its been on a few months and report back as to if theres any corrosion.

Milltek have been plagued with their fair share of exhaust tip quality problems recently...
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 03:21:20 pm »
Those images looked more like rust rather than simple discolouration - which is a definate no-no for a "stainless steel" system.

Wasn't Millteks issues due to carbon fouling from the sooty FSI engines?  Glad I have black tips on the RS, though it didn't stop a complete sooty rear end when I was forced to use some shyte Jet normal unleaded!  :ashamed:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 05:41:53 pm »
It isn't the RSC version its the regular 1 that was fitted to their demo, its the equivilant to the non-resonated Milltek, can't remember what APR call it but the resonated version is called stealth I think, Its is a bit loud for my liking, I had their car for a few days early on in the year, but it may be to some peoples taste

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »
strange how i saw this thread... as i was the winner of the system  :wink:

anyway ive sent a few emails to awesomegti regarding the "rust" look on the cat back but have had no reply. ive had a few other opinions by mates just looking at the photo and they also say looks like rust or could just be surface grime as they state in the auction..

they dont mention anything about rust as this is a big issue not to leave out!!!

i hope its not as i think £280 is a bargain for an APR catback

if i get no replies within the week ill contact ebay and cancel the transaction.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »
just ring them and ask them about it

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 10:54:35 am »
well just come off the phone to them, they said its just surface grime and is in excellent condition.. nothing to worry about

will be going up there at the end of the month, will post a video off the sound when its all done.

anyway...
i have £200 spare GTI cash left to use on my car, any ideas?

did want the newsouth boost gauge but with fitting is way out of my budget (£350)

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:55 am »
if your wanting a decent boost gauge then i suggest looking at the OSIR vent pod with a defi blue gauge, this is what i have and was 150-170 through the TTShop.  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 04:57:29 pm »
The APR exhaust isn't a 'bolt on' cat back system.  It is designed to fit the APR downpipe and sport cat which is a 3" diameter.

Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 05:00:46 pm »
The APR exhaust isn't a 'bolt on' cat back system.  It is designed to fit the APR downpipe and sport cat which is a 3" diameter.

so i need a down pipe? i told awesome my car was stock he didnt mention anything?

@josegti i dont mind paying for the osir as it looks much better than the newsouth, its just teh fitting cost as you have to install it properly through the dash as they said to me.

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 06:08:54 pm »

so i need a down pipe? i told awesome my car was stock he didnt mention anything?

@josegti i dont mind paying for the osir as it looks much better than the newsouth, its just teh fitting cost as you have to install it properly through the dash as they said to me.

No just get a small step up adapter to go from 2.5" to 3" from someone like www.pipewerx.com.(Ian Birch)  I did the same thing but the other way around.  I have the APR downpipe and sport cat mated to the stock cat back.  I found the APR stealth too noisey for every day use.  So the APR cat back like the one you have just bought is sitting in my garage.  I get to put it on now and again though. 
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 07:51:19 pm »
hey ukdub.. so you think its to loud?

i was after a loud sound, most reviews and videos regarding the stealth apr say its just about average, i wasnt after the boy racer drone..

hope it wont be to loud or ill be selling it on, duno what to consider then as the milltek is similar to stock???

i presume awesomegti already know about the adaptor? they are fitting it for me late ron this month.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 08:12:21 pm »

i was after a loud sound, most reviews and videos regarding the stealth apr say its just about average, i wasnt after the boy racer drone..

hope it wont be to loud or ill be selling it on, duno what to consider then as the milltek is similar to stock???

i presume awesomegti already know about the adaptor? they are fitting it for me late ron this month.

Non-res isn't, just ask Markymark or Steve PG what mine sounds like  :evilgrin:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:24 pm »

Non-res isn't, just ask Markymark or Steve PG what mine sounds like  :evilgrin:

I can confirm the Milltek's on both Greenouse's ED30 and RedRobin's GTI definatly don't sound like the stock zorsts  :evilgrin:

From the minute Greenouse turned up last weekend to Maccy D's he made sure all knew it too  :P