Make a donation

Author Topic: Apr system on the bay  (Read 19533 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Apr system on the bay
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 08:29:41 pm »
hey ukdub.. so you think its to loud?

i was after a loud sound, most reviews and videos regarding the stealth apr say its just about average, i wasnt after the boy racer drone..

hope it wont be to loud or ill be selling it on, duno what to consider then as the milltek is similar to stock???

i presume awesomegti already know about the adaptor? they are fitting it for me late ron this month.

Non-res isn't, just ask Markymark or Steve PG what mine sounds like  :evilgrin:

I can confirm the Milltek's on both Greenouse's ED30 and RedRobin's GTI definatly don't sound like the stock zorsts  :evilgrin:

From the minute Greenouse turned up last weekend to Maccy D's he made sure all knew it too  :P

:laugh: Had to give it a little blip for ya  :P

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 07:24:55 am »

i was after a loud sound, most reviews and videos regarding the stealth apr say its just about average, i wasnt after the boy racer drone..

hope it wont be to loud or ill be selling it on, duno what to consider then as the milltek is similar to stock???

i presume awesomegti already know about the adaptor? they are fitting it for me late ron this month.

I find it too loud on the over run at about 3k.  Its very boomy.  I think it is down to my exhaust being 3" all the way through.  If your fitting it to the stock cat back,  I am guessing it will be a totally different sound and maybe not boomy at all.  Saying that I have heard your exhaust on Awesome's demo car before they changed it, and it sounded quieter than mine.  I did ask if my cat back part of the system could be faulty, and would they ask APR to have a look.  APR europe reply was that they havn't had any problems with their exhausts and that it was made too long ago to be under warranty.(2005)  So tough in other words.
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 06:06:52 pm »

I find it too loud on the over run at about 3k.  Its very boomy.  I think it is down to my exhaust being 3" all the way through.  If your fitting it to the stock cat back,  I am guessing it will be a totally different sound and maybe not boomy at all.  Saying that I have heard your exhaust on Awesome's demo car before they changed it, and it sounded quieter than mine.  I did ask if my cat back part of the system could be faulty, and would they ask APR to have a look.  APR europe reply was that they havn't had any problems with their exhausts and that it was made too long ago to be under warranty.(2005)  So tough in other words.

do you know which demo car it was? i only got a quick look and hear of teh grey gti with the big brakes and bodykit?
i hope it is that one as it sounded just about what i was after.

one other reason i wanted the apr was because i want to get teh apr remap at a later stage, after the down pipe so its apr all the way hopefully  :happy2:

ooh one other thing, dont suppose you know anywere i can get teh apr downpipe cheaper than awesomes price?
cheers

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:59:09 pm by SteveP »

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 06:10:31 pm »
sorry dont know what happedn to the layout of that reply i just posted  :confused:

also exucse the "tehs" and other bad spellings, my keybaod is on its way out  :fighting2:

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 07:40:14 pm »
Yes it was the one on their grey demo car.  As for the down pipe no.  You could always get a custom one made up cheaper by someone like www.pipewerx.com. :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 11:01:21 pm by ukdub »
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 04:59:39 pm »
sorry dont know what happedn to the layout of that reply i just posted  :confused:

also exucse the "tehs" and other bad spellings, my keybaod is on its way out  :fighting2:

Layout fixed  :happy2:

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 08:20:58 pm »
thanks steve, ur a gentleman