Make a donation

Author Topic: Flashing PNRDS also won’t start  (Read 1117 times)

Offline IndigoblueGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Flashing PNRDS also won’t start
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:01:39 am »
Hi guys I own a 2005 GTI DSG which I used as a daily for a couple of weeks which then sadly gave up on me. I had the car in manual mode I was coming to a junction and dropped a gear using the shifter which it did as I was taking of the car stopped moving and started to just rev up I thought I’d turn the car off and give it 20 mins as I thought the gearbox overheated but it wouldn’t start up it kept flashing PNRDS and doesn’t start like it’s stuck in neutral any help will be most appreciated.

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 61
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
Re: Flashing PNRDS also won’t start
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 07:27:27 pm »
Check the fuses for the DSG, you might have one blown - need to read the manual for their location.

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 09:02:27 pm »
Lots of microswitches built into the shifter - to me manual shifting just before it stops working suggests the problem may lie there - may be a switch stuck on/off and this alone telling the car to stop. It may unstick if you work the shifter back and forth in the manual shift.
Is manual shifting something you have done regularly before or is this a new thing you are just trying?

Ideally you need to get it scanned to see if you have any codes - and I would also suggest to try getting used to using the paddles.

Offline IndigoblueGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 06:18:46 am »
I normally use the paddle shifts but I heard by using the shifter the gear changes are a lot more smoother. I will try messing about with the shifter changing gears etc to see if the micro switch works