Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 HID Upgrade help  (Read 992 times)

Offline T777_GTI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
MK5 HID Upgrade help
« on: September 19, 2021, 10:48:20 pm »
Hi, New user here and also excited first time mk5 owner! I've just bought a 2007 with 64k on the clock. Car has stock halogen lights but I wanted to swap them for Bi-xenon. I have never done an upgrade like this before so have no clue where to start or look. Do I have to buy the units and then the kit with a harness adapter or is there a kit that comes with everything I need?  My car is black so I wanted to buy lights that had a black backing so they look neater, would that affect the performance of the head lights?

Not too sure what types I need but I want them to be very bright with good distance  / reach.

If you know of any links or sites where I can buy a half decent kit from that would be fantastic.

Offline finna00

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Re: MK5 HID Upgrade help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 09:20:58 pm »
I got these ones off ebay. then bought a hid kit separately. It takes a bit of adjustment to get the fitment of the lights to line up nice with the wing and bumper.
eBay item number:114847077767
you can get them with black insert
eBay item number:173102786828

If you can find a good set of genuine vw ones i would, i believe they require a wiring adaptor which kuatec sell

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
Re: MK5 HID Upgrade help
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 09:43:17 pm »
If you want to do it properly you need the levelling and the washers too  :evilgrin: