Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 gti suffering P1093 and intermittent misfires  (Read 2648 times)

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
MK5 gti suffering P1093 and intermittent misfires
« on: September 21, 2021, 08:44:36 am »
Hi I have a issue on my mk5 GTI during idle I have misfire on cylinder 3 and 4 and during high 5000rpm my car judders  changed out fuel filter, pcv valve, plugs, coils, O2 sensor, 2 injectors and recently put in a new cam follower my car is still misfiring at low idle and it judders and misfires at 5000rpm onwards when I scanned the car I get P1093, P0300,P0301 and P0302 but no check engine light  my car as a stage 1 Apr with intake and downpipe not sure what else to look at?
My car is a 2008 BWA engine with 103 000 miles I had recently done the water pump, cambelt and diverter valve the issue only seems to be happening at higher gears 3 4 5 6 gears at 5000 rpm and higher it breaks up and then keeps going on 1st and 2nd gear the car pulls normal and smooth and if you drive it normal you can't tell there's a issue. What else can I look at any help will be appreciated thanks in advance

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: MK5 gti suffering P1093 and intermittent misfires
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 10:36:27 pm »
Hi just a update I changed out my Hpfp and still no change the code P1093 still comes back and the car still cuts out at high Rpm's also got a another code P0133 O2 sensor slow response I already put in a New O2 sensor so not even sure what else to look at please any help will be much appreciated. So far I have changed coils, plugs, diverter valve, injectors,pcv valve and O2 sensor.Is there anything else I can look at?

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 11:53:48 pm »
Just a update after changing almost all major parts on my car it turned out to be some kind spacer or cat fooler that was installed on the downpipe that O2 sensor attached to before the catalytic converter. After it was removed and O2 sensor was refitted all the codes cleared and car is running smooth again. I will add some pictures of this O2 spacer it gave all the wrong reading to ECU which was cutting back on fueling.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 03:07:25 pm »
If somebody fitted a spacer to the primary O2 sensor, that explains all those codes.

They go downstream of the secondary cat to get around the catalyst efficiency EML.  They should never be used on the primary sensor!!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 05:29:24 pm »
If somebody fitted a spacer to the primary O2 sensor, that explains all those codes.

They go downstream of the secondary cat to get around the catalyst efficiency EML.  They should never be used on the primary sensor!!
Ya exactly I not sure why the tuner installed this on my car and they put in the wrong place I have been trying to trouble shoot the issue for over my month and they told me it's my hpfp I ended up changing plugs, coil , hpfp, injectors, PCV valve and fuel filters. I took it to another workshop and told them to go over everything only to find that this was fitted to my car once they removed it all the codes are gone and the car is now flying :driver: but I spent all that money Trying to fix my car for nothing.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 04:51:54 pm »
Yeah that is annoying.  Shoddy workmanship is the cause of most issues in all walks of life, houses and cars especially.  I think people who do stuff like that should be retrospectively sued for damages.  Why should you be footing the bill for unnecessary parts and labour because of someone else's incompetence?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D